Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't find anyone I have instant chemistry with Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl in my 20s and I've pretty never had a boyfriend, but I do date a lot. I just haven't experienced that instant chemistry that I have with certain guys in the past (with whom it hasn't worked out with eg they've moved abroad for work etc). I guess now I keep comparing the people I date to those individuals that I have clicked with almost straight away. In these cases, I just end it after 2/3 dates and I'm still not feeling it the way I expect to.

Is this harsh of me? Or is it a reasonable expectation? i thought I just kept to my standards/expectations but i've been single my entire life and I feel like I need to revaluate. I get agg from my friends who've been with their boyfriends for 5+ years.
    Any input would be great!

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyo154)
    I'm a girl in my 20s and I've pretty never had a boyfriend, but I do date a lot. I just haven't experienced that instant chemistry that I have with certain guys in the past (with whom it hasn't worked out with eg they've moved abroad for work etc). I guess now I keep comparing the people I date to those individuals that I have clicked with almost straight away. In these cases, I just end it after 2/3 dates and I'm still not feeling it the way I expect to.

Is this harsh of me? Or is it a reasonable expectation? i thought I just kept to my standards/expectations but i've been single my entire life and I feel like I need to revaluate. I get agg from my friends who've been with their boyfriends for 5+ years.
    Any input would be great!

Thanks
    You can't force chemistry, you either click with someone or you don't. I think it's fair to say that if you're not compatible with someone, then there's no point entering a relationship with them. Try to join societies and clubs to find people with similar interests to you.

Not sure if you've tried it yet but you could try online dating too.

ReputationRep:
    Defiantly not unreasonable, it’s not something you can force . You either click or you don’t . I wouldn’t worry

ReputationRep:
    I said mans not hot
    man can NEVER be hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You can't force chemistry, you either click with someone or you don't. I think it's fair to say that if you're not compatible with someone, then there's no point entering a relationship with them. Try to join societies and clubs to find people with similar interests to you.

Not sure if you've tried it yet but you could try online dating too.
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Defiantly not unreasonable, it’s not something you can force . You either click or you don’t . I wouldn’t worry
    Yeah just got to keep putting myself out there, which has been exhausting/frustrating at times

ReputationRep:
    Find someone you have gradual chemistry with then lol. You can develop chemistry with anyone if you hang around them long enough. My sister and I are complete opposites but we get on well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pussy smasher)
    I said mans not hot
    man can NEVER be hot
    The girl told me "take off your jacket"
    I said "babes, man's not hot"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwaix)
    The girl told me "take off your jacket"
    I said "babes, man's not hot"
    skkkkrrrrra

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.