Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying physics but I'm not sure if I've made the wrong career path. I'm not enjoying physics at the moment because there's a lot work and it's pretty difficult. I know you have to do a lot of work in every university course but physics is ridiculous. I've always loved fashion but because I've focused so much on physics I have no idea what a career in fashion buying will be like.

What is it like studying fashion buying? or any other fashion course? Is there any apprenticeships for fashion in manchester?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Fashion Buying would essentially be a Business degree. There isn't going to be any "design" content unless you perhaps take it as an option.

You could go into fashion buying with any degree realistically, although perhaps a business/management/finance degree or something related like Quantity Surveying or similar. Physics would be perfectly fine for that, although it's certainly not an easy course.

However no matter what degree you take, there is going to be considerably more work than you had in 6th form, and the work will be "harder" as even for "soft" subjects you'll be expected to demonstrate much higher evaluative abilities than in A-level. Numerate subjects, including many STEM subjects, are in some ways easier in terms of getting higher marks in that sense, as there is less scope for interpretation on behalf of the marker.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.