Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on starting a full time degree in September 2018. I am currently employed and am on a £25000 + salary. When I start studying I will not have a steady means of income. I see in the application for a living allowance that it takes into account the last tax year annual salary when assessing the amount you qualify for. I live in London and live alone. Will my current salary affect what amount I am entitled to in the 2018 academic year application?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandatam01)
    I am planning on starting a full time degree in September 2018. I am currently employed and am on a £25000 + salary. When I start studying I will not have a steady means of income. I see in the application for a living allowance that it takes into account the last tax year annual salary when assessing the amount you qualify for. I live in London and live alone. Will my current salary affect what amount I am entitled to in the 2018 academic year application?
    Hi mandatam01,

What you earn now (or what you earned during the required tax year) will have no effect on your 2018/19 application. We don't take a students salary in account unless they are being paid by their employer to attend the course.

If you are 25 or over before the start of the academic year and single then we won't need the household income details to assess you for the full amount of Maintenance Loan.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi mandatam01,

What you earn now (or what you earned during the required tax year) will have no effect on your 2018/19 application. We don't take a students salary in account unless they are being paid by their employer to attend the course.

If you are 25 or over before the start of the academic year and single then we won't need the household income details to assess you for the full amount of Maintenance Loan.

Regards,

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for coming back to me, I am pleased to hear this. Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Amanda Patterson

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.