The Student Room Group

Juggling an offer and an interview you haven’t heard back from

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wa5ted
Hi,

I am in a similar position to the OP in the sense that I haven't had any job offers yet but I am waiting back from an interview that I attended a month ago.

After my interview with the company, the HR contact told me that I would hear back from them after a week. After 3 weeks or so, I emailed them and asked them for some feedback to which they sincerely apologized and said that I would hear back from the next day. It's been a week since I heard from them and still nothing. Chased another HR contact today and he said that I would know by tomorrow

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a great deal you can do besides what you're already doing, and chasing them up as each of their deadlines it passed. I can imagine it's very frustrating though, and I do hope you hear soon :redface:
Reply 41
Original post by shadowdweller
Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a great deal you can do besides what you're already doing, and chasing them up as each of their deadlines it passed. I can imagine it's very frustrating though, and I do hope you hear soon :redface:

At the same time I am now starting to doubt whether I should work for such a place. They have already seriously taken the piss and I have put applications elsewhere. I guess if they give it to me then I'll take it
Original post by wa5ted
At the same time I am now starting to doubt whether I should work for such a place. They have already seriously taken the piss and I have put applications elsewhere. I guess if they give it to me then I'll take it

At that point I think you have to weigh up the pros against the cons with it - they have messed you around a bit from the sounds of things, so you'll need to consider whether that outweighs what you liked about the role in the first place!

Quick Reply