Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...se-bribes/amp/

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/j...70946.html?amp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-suspects.html

ReputationRep:
    What the actual ****.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to kill them before they leave Syria. Giving them council housing when they've fought for our enemy and helped facilitate or influence the killing of British people, especially when we have a severe housing shortage, is literally the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The fact that the home office hasn't even denied it is shocking.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a lure looool, nobody is this retarded

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everything wrong with western society in one thread
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    wow..:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not against muslims I think it is a good religion like all others but for jihadists.. i think they should be jailed or interned in psychiatric hosp. these people acted against a society or i cannot understand on what grounds they should be allowed back in that very society..

I'm not saying this is the best or only way but it is my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Go against your own country for a barbaric cult. Come back to get be placed in council housed for reintegration.

Spoiler:
    Show

end me

ReputationRep:
    Polical correctness is a mental illness

ReputationRep:
    Really need to chill out

You’re making the huge mistake of thinking that just because we have starfish like Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell around the UK doesn’t know anything about fighting terrorism; when we’ve been doing it for centuries.

What did we do with captured German officers during the war? Did we put them on trial, execute them? Try and kill them in France?

Or did we bring them back to the UK, treat them like guests, put them up in beautiful country houses and give them waiting staff, books, games, brandy...

Of course we did. We want to know what they know and let them talk freely about it with their friends. Locking people up or killing them doesn’t help us and we will never know what they know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    We put them in POW camps, and used them as forced labour, even for years after the war.

In 1946 a fifth of all agricultural work in the UK was performed by German prisoners.

As for the German leadership (who you seem to be referring to), yes we put some in fancy houses and spied on them; but the majority were put on trial and executed, the exceptions being those with useful knowledge to the US.
    And that's where we want to be. rank and file German prisoners didn't interest us because at the time there were so many of them and they weren't likely to know much beyond being consrcripted. The officers obviously knew things - and we wanted them for what they knew.

With ISIS - we want to know the experience of the rank and file, because we have no other means of finding out about the successful recruitment process.

As for the majority of German officers being executed - that's just something you made up.

ReputationRep:
    Its possible that permitting them back into British society will act as a deterrent to others seeking to join Daesh- if potential recruits are flocking and welcomed back to Britain then to young impressionables Britain cant exactly be the enemy.

ReputationRep:
    We should offer them a noose and a tree to hang themselves on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Its possible that permitting them back into British society will act as a deterrent to others seeking to join Daesh- if potential recruits are flocking and welcomed back to Britain then to young impressionables Britain cant exactly be the enemy.
    If anyone is stupid enough to want to fight for ISIS or any groups like ISIS they only deserve death

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a joke.

ReputationRep:
    this is ****ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    And that's where we want to be. rank and file German prisoners didn't interest us because at the time there were so many of them and they weren't likely to know much beyond being consrcripted. The officers obviously knew things - and we wanted them for what they knew.

With ISIS - we want to know the experience of the rank and file, because we have no other means of finding out about the successful recruitment process.

As for the majority of German officers being executed - that's just something you made up.
    we did not give German soldiers free housing in this country; they were sent back to the Fatherland after release from our prison camps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    we did not give German soldiers free housing in this country; they were sent back to the Fatherland after release from our prison camps.
    I'm not saying we did. There's also a difference between German soldiers that can be sent back to Germany and British people who have gone away. There's nowhere to send them back to.

I don't see why we wouldn't be making seemingly generous offers to these people returning. We want to know what they know and how they got into whatever it is they've been up to. Locking them up or refusing to let them back in doesn't achieve any of those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    More like - you may as well give it a go; if you find it isn't for you, then you can always come back and you will be greeted with open arms.
    Depends on who you take back. Militant with long ties obviously not, but naive new recruits, potentially can be rehabilitated.

If integrating one back into Britain stopped ten from wanting to leave, would that be worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Whilst we can defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq, what we now face is a much greater hurdle, and that is the ideology of ISIS. This will be a lot more difficult. But there is some propaganda value in having reformed ISIS members who can vocally challenge ISIS and its ideology. Nothing strikes an ideology harder than to have its own members turn on it and criticise it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.