Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between these 3 universities and which one to firm. I analysed all 3 courses and modules and find the majority of the modules interesting. I went to visit UCL and thought the environment felt okay. I've had friends that have visited Warwick and stated that they've really liked and I know people who go Bristol University and say that they love it there.

The context of it is that if I stay in UCL I will probably most likely stay at home which I feel like will limit my social life to an extent. However if I move out to Warwick or Bristol since I will be living by myself I'm not limited in my social life and freedom.

Of course there are many factors such as job prospects which I find just as important and I wanted to know if you had to pick out of them 3 universities in my situation which one would you go for and why ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Personally, I would choose UCL/Warwick. In your situation I'd go with Warwick as I want to move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Personally, I would choose UCL/Warwick. In your situation I'd go with Warwick as I want to move out.
    I completely agree - UCL and Warwick and high profile universities, and the best options however being in London isn't as good an experience - most of the students are foreign (which makes difficult to have friends to visit in holidays or out of uni), residences are expensive and difficult to find and commuting will take a lot of time out of your life.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ensorcell)
    I completely agree - UCL and Warwick and high profile universities, and the best options however being in London isn't as good an experience - most of the students are foreign (which makes difficult to have friends to visit in holidays or out of uni), residences are expensive and difficult to find and commuting will take a lot of time out of your life.
    Yh, your choice depends on what your priorities are.. But I do think you receive more student loan if you live in London, not sure if it's significant. Most of the students are foreign but there are still many who are not foreign. Anyway I think OP lives in London anyway.

But if you don't want to stay in London then I'd choose Warwick over Bristol. Having said this, going with Bristol would still be a good choice as Bristol is a good uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, your choice depends on what your priorities are.. But I do think you receive more student loan if you live in London, not sure if it's significant. Most of the students are foreign but there are still many who are not foreign. Anyway I think OP lives in London anyway.

But if you don't want to stay in London then I'd choose Warwick over Bristol. Having said this, going with Bristol would still be a good choice as Bristol is a good uni.
    Out of London excluding Oxbridge, St. Andrews and Durham, what would you say the best university for Computer science is ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Abdi moham)
    Out of London excluding Oxbridge, St. Andrews and Durham, what would you say the best university for Computer science is ?
    Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, Loughborough, Bath, Surrey etc.

Out of all those, I'd go with Warwick but they are all top universities.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, Loughborough, Bath, Surrey etc.

Out of all those, I'd go with Warwick but they are all top universities.
    Thank you very much I'm most likely going to apply to Warwick, UCL, Kings, Surrey and Loughborough and firm Warwick and make Surrey/Loughborough my back up
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Abdi moham)
    Thank you very much I'm most likely going to apply to Warwick, UCL, Kings, Surrey and Loughborough and firm Warwick and make Surrey/Loughborough my back up
    nicee, good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    nicee, good luck with everything
    Thanks !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.