Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    2019 applicant technically however may apply after I've received my A2 grades.
    My GCSE grades are as follows- 2 level 8s, 1 A*, 7 As (one of them being a 7 on the numbered grading scale) and a B
    So overall 3 A*s 7As and a B
    I know Oxford average is 8 or more A*s, however if I get 4 A*s in my alevels in year 13, and I apply whilst already having my alevels do I stand a higher chance?
    Lets suppose I get an A in my BMAT essay and 6+ in my sections
    So my stats would be as follow
    GCSE- 3A*s 7As B
    AS- 4As
    A2- 4A*s
    BMAT- 6.0, 6.0, A
    Currently in my AS, recently visited oxford for a lecture and fell in love so I just want to know...

ReputationRep:
    regardless of what you get at A-level, you must meet the GCSE requirements for Oxford, if they say you need 8A* s then you NEED 8 A*s. I highly doubt that is thier criteria though it's probably something like " you must have at least 8 A-A* grades at GCSE" which you have. Do your research and check what they want, they will specify on their website. It is computers that check if your GCSE are suitable even without looking at your A-level s, if you do not meet the GCSE requirements the system will reject your application without any human interaction
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.