Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

unable to get out of being single Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I've been in 5 relationships in the past 2 years which may seem like a lot, however 3 of them only lasted a month or two, whilst the other two were around 5-6 months each.

Since I was 15, I haven't been single for more than 3 months, however october last year I was in a pretty rubbish relationship with a guy I only dated because I was really lonely. Luckily, I dumped him this year in April. However, I've been single ever since. I've had one or two one night stands, talked to a few guys, been on a few dates (I even was in a friends with benefits deal with two people, one I'm currently in now) but nothings ever come out of it. I've been single for about 7 months and its horrible-i'm just so lonely I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I don't think I'm very unattractive, I get complimented a lot, it's just worrying as to how I'm not meeting new guys.

How do I get out this rut? Cheers
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonhamxl)
    I'm 17 and I've been in 5 relationships in the past 2 years which may seem like a lot, however 3 of them only lasted a month or two, whilst the other two were around 5-6 months each.

Since I was 15, I haven't been single for more than 3 months, however october last year I was in a pretty rubbish relationship with a guy I only dated because I was really lonely. Luckily, I dumped him this year in April. However, I've been single ever since. I've had one or two one night stands, talked to a few guys, been on a few dates (I even was in a friends with benefits deal with two people, one I'm currently in now) but nothings ever come out of it. I've been single for about 7 months and its horrible-i'm just so lonely I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I don't think I'm very unattractive, I get complimented a lot, it's just worrying as to how I'm not meeting new guys.

How do I get out this rut? Cheers
    You've been single for only 7 months, I wouldn't consider that being "unable to get out of being single"..

I think you need to stop actively searching for a new boyfriend and focus on yourself, perhaps pick up new hobbies and you'll meet new people. The more you focus on just trying to fill in the loneliness, the less likely it will work out. It's better when the person you meet and like comes up unexpectedly.

ReputationRep:
    17 years of age
    5 relationships in 2 years

Yep you read that right and I bet you're thinking "how stupid does that sound"

ReputationRep:
    Try to be yourself, spontaneous & not think too much of being a single. Guys will find you attractive & will try their luck with you. You need to accept your state as being single for the greater good, so you will not rush in making a false & not worthy relationship with the new guy; otherwise he would be no. 6 in your list.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.