Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend is currently doing BTEC national extended diploma in Business (equivalent to three A-levels), and he's worrying about University. He would like to do Business management. However, I looked up entry requirements for this course at various Universities and it says that they also require two A- levels along with the BTEC qualification (A* and A in the two A-levels). Is it crucial to have these two A-levels along with The BTEC qualifictaion? Or is the BTEC qualification enough on its own? Any other information will be given upon request. Any help is very much appreciated, Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, 95% of unis accept BTEC some people I know who did the Business BTEC got into incredible unis like UCL, Manchester and York, your friend is worrying over nothing, that is a very very rare case where they're asking for 2 extra A levels at A*A

ReputationRep:
    No, i think your friend's good. my brother did a BTEC in Business and IT, and he got a place at Coventry and Aston
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgelagalle)
    My friend is currently doing BTEC national extended diploma in Business (equivalent to three A-levels), and he's worrying about University. He would like to do Business management. However, I looked up entry requirements for this course at various Universities and it says that they also require two A- levels along with the BTEC qualification (A* and A in the two A-levels). Is it crucial to have these two A-levels along with The BTEC qualifictaion? Or is the BTEC qualification enough on its own? Any other information will be given upon request. Any help is very much appreciated, Thank you
    The posters above have you covered, but many universities accept BTEC Extended Diplomas. We ask for DDD for our Business & Management course.

Josh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.