Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    It's frowned upon, but as far as I know, not against the law.
    By the ways which one do you think is more cheaper to run? Audi A1 tfsi or the sports edition? Im thinking of getting the sports edition and modifying it myself however I want it to give me what its worth.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    By the ways which one do you think is more cheaper to run? Audi A1 tfsi or the sports edition? Im thinking of getting the sports edition and modifying it myself however I want it to give me what its worth.
    Start a new thread for a question like that (and the answer will include checking the insurance quotes yourself).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Start a new thread for a question like that (and the answer will include checking the insurance quotes yourself).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I will do. Just to let you know ive already got an insurance quote that im perfectly satisfied with. I just need to now decide which one is going to benefit me in the long run.

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've moved this post to a new thread in order to get you more replies :yy:

As Doonesbury said, in future, please make a new thread about a different discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)

As Doonesbury said, in future, please make a new thread about a different discussion.
    Thank you so much, Sorry about that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you so much, Sorry about that
    Not a problem

ReputationRep:

Which one do you think will give me more to run for in the long run? TFSI or sports edition?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Sorry I will do. Just to let you know ive already got an insurance quote that im perfectly satisfied with. I just need to now decide which one is going to benefit me in the long run.

Thank you
    Depending on the modifications you will need to notify your insurer and likely have a higher premium.

It will also probably reduce the resale value.

All this needs to be factored into any "running" costs. It's not just the cost of petrol that affects running costs.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Modifications will need to be reported to your insurance company and will increase the premium, which may change the calculation.

I modified my last car in the UK from 220hp to 350hp, but still managed to get reasonably priced insurance by shopping around, and being old. I miss that car.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on the modifications you will need to notify your insurer and likely have a higher premium.

It will also probably reduce the resale value.

All this needs to be factored into any "running" costs. It's not just the cost of petrol that affects running costs.
    Mods is not going to be OTT but its doing the rims up and tinted windows.

Not planning to sell it on. Petrols not a problem I just need to know which one I should go for as both are as good as each other and its hard to decide :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    Modifications will need to be reported to your insurance company and will increase the premium, which may change the calculation.

I modified my last car in the UK from 220hp to 350hp, but still managed to get reasonably priced insurance by shopping around, and being old. I miss that car.
    Was it second hand? I was thinking of getting it second hand doing it all up which would save me cost abit?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Those mods make it more likely to be stolen therefore increases your premium.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those mods make it more likely to be stolen therefore increases your premium.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True. It wont be parked on a street. Im very wary of all this as this is going to be second and hopefully last car for a while as I finally am ready for an upgrade.

Aygo was good whilst it lasted I guess I had tinted windows on the aygo however my insurance came up to a total of £650 with 4 additonal drivers which included the tinted windows in that price too! #bargain. Was a good price.

ReputationRep:
    They still need to be declared. Be careful that the tint is legal.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Which one do you think will give me more to run for in the long run? TFSI or sports edition?
    They both have very good MPG, so there's no need to worry about their running costs as such.

IMO there's not much of a sporty feel with the S-Line. My mum has one, and they feel no different to TFSI models.

I'd advise just going with the TFSI if I'm being totally honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    They still need to be declared. Be careful that the tint is legal.
    Course I would do Im all legal. I just need to make my mind up on which one to go for. I love the smooth engine of the sports engine. But I liked the speed of the TFSI on the other hand.

I dont know, its hard
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    They both have very good MPG, so there's no need to worry about their running costs as such.

IMO there's not much of a sporty feel with the S-Line. My mum has one, and they feel no different to TFSI models.

I have a TFSI S-Line Black Edition. (A4 Quattro and getting a bit old now but has seen good service and over 100k on the clock )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I have a TFSI S-Line Black Edition. (A4 Quattro and getting a bit old now but has seen good service and over 100k on the clock )
    To be fair, you could probably get another 100k on that car! They're so sturdy. :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    To be fair, you could probably get another 100k on that car! They're so sturdy. :yep:
    It's worth absolutely nothing if I sell it so I'm currently keeping it going until nextgen hybrids or pure electric get halfway affordable (at a similar "quality" level, Tesla is silly money but I'd love one.).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thank you, the size of the engine does differ though which will put the price up. I was also thinking TFSI however the smooth engine of sports edition is one advantage I think.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.