The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics/Finance & Economics (2018)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 134576
My status just moved to awaiting GAO Approval, that is good news right?

Yes, from what i have seen, everyone who has gone to GAO received an offer.
Btw, mind sharing your profile? I'm just interested.
Reply 41
Original post by Pos123
Yes, from what i have seen, everyone who has gone to GAO received an offer.
Btw, mind sharing your profile? I'm just interested.

Hey pos, how long were you stuck in the GAO stage?
Reply 42
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by ivok22
Hey pos, how long were you stuck in the GAO stage?

Hi Ivok, it took 2 days. It changed to offer at 11.00AM if i remember correctly. Congrats :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Mu04
Has anyone gotten accepted to a college? I got rejected from my preferred one so I guess will get one at random.Also has anyone else been asked to provide a transcript via post?

How fast did you get the college news after being granted an conditional offer? thanks.
Conditional offer got. Thanks for the useful information on the forum. :smile:
Reply 46
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 47
Do you think most of the offers would have been given out or is it still worth applying now before the deadline?
Reply 48
Original post by Fayyyyyye

Hey Fayyyyye! Congrats on your offer!
Would it be possible if you could share your profile?
I just want to get a feel of the cohort this year, compared to last!
Thanks in advance!
Hi, Congrats for all the offer holders!!! Just wondering around how long will we get the final decision for collage membership?Thanks!
Reply 50
Hey guys, I just moved to Awaiting approval from GAO! Hope its good news :wink:
Original post by Clairezzzz
Hi, Congrats for all the offer holders!!! Just wondering around how long will we get the final decision for collage membership?Thanks!

I've already got one just on the next day after the offer date. Have you? :smile:
Original post by rgy96
Hey guys, I just moved to Awaiting approval from GAO! Hope its good news :wink:

nice! when did you apply and which programme did you apply to?
Reply 53
Original post by uoftkiddo2018
nice! when did you apply and which programme did you apply to?

I applied in late November for the MPhil in Economics course!
Original post by rgy96
I applied in late November for the MPhil in Economics course!

Congratulations, what is your profile?
Reply 55
Original post by Wojtek97
Congratulations, what is your profile?

Top 5 UK uni, high 70s avarage, 1 summer internship
Copy paste from the Cambridge PG applicant post, in case someone is not watching the other one :
Hey peeps, I applied back in september for the MPhil Economic Research and have just been moved to "Awaiting approval by GAO".
Really feeling relieved, after I saw all these people getting offers I thought mine didn't move because it didn't make the cut
For anyone that's wondering about my profile : I'm a Swiss applicant, studying a Bachelor mostly in Economics, with a fair load of History. Based on what I could gather, my grades are roughly equivalent to a 80% in total and 85% in Econ/Maths (namely 5.76/6 and 5.98/6 in Swiss grades). No relevant intership/Research assistanship, I have a fair amount of unrelated working experience but I don't remember mentioning it. GRE 162/166/4 (V/Q/AWA/)
Best of luck to all of you
Reply 57
Hey guys, got an offer about a week ago for Mphil Econ, and i've also received offers from a couple other unis that are competitive. Does any know whether accepting more than one is allowed, what is the etiquette here. As my offer from one is more strict than another. Thanks

does the conditional offer requires a minimum grade for some specific exams that you have to attend yet(ie the exams not listed in the transcript submitted?)
(Eg. Corporate finance 65%)
I don't think they will require any specific courses. Just make sure that your general score could live up to their expectation. Did you hide some scores when you submitted the transcript?

no, absolutely I didn't! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending