The Student Room Group

GCSE (9-1)

Hi. In May 2018, I will be in Year 10 and I want to know whether if I can still revise the old spec or the new spec becuase Eve Bennet said that even though that the GCSE's are changing, the syle remains the same. So what should I do? Please I am stuck. So to sum up, revise old or new spec?
Original post by vinayvaria
Hi. In May 2018, I will be in Year 10 and I want to know whether if I can still revise the old spec or the new spec becuase Eve Bennet said that even though that the GCSE's are changing, the syle remains the same. So what should I do? Please I am stuck. So to sum up, revise old or new spec?

Definitely new. Don't bother with the old spec, it'll do you more harm than good. Just google 'GCSE 9-1 (EXAM BOARD) (SUBJECT) Specification' and it should come up.
However, you could probably get away from doing some old past papers, which I think she might have been on about. Science and maths past papers should be fine because they can change how they answer the question, but they can't change the fact that an enzyme is a biological catalyst or whatever. Just cross out anything on there you haven't done/ isn't on the spec and you might need to find worksheets on the new stuff they've brought down from a level.
For subjects like English Language, though, don't even think about doing old past papers, because they'll completely throw you off and you'll end up with great A*-G exam technique and non-existent 9-1 exam technique. For these, ask your teacher to write you some or, if you're desperate, you can buy them off amazon.
You're in year 10, though, so you'll be sitting your exams in 2019, or maybe even a few in 2018, idk, so by then there should be a lot more resources available for you. :smile:
New spec deffo.
Original post by vinayvaria

for what subject? I'm assuming you mean revise using old spec resources as opposed to revising the old spec.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
for what subject? I'm assuming you mean revise using old spec resources as opposed to revising the old spec.

Yes I do

Quick Reply

Latest