Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i have no one friends and never go out or do anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    H im a year 11 student. So basically my situation is that i have loads of acquaintances at school that i have great conversations with and we mutually enjoy each others company. Outside of school it is the complete opposite, id say i have 2 friends max and these are only people who i go out with because we have no one else to go out. In the summer holidays we only went out once!!! But i thought this was all going to change, as my brother said i could invite some friends to his 18th birthday, and after talking to some acquaintances about it, they decided to come and were really enthuasiastic. We had a great time and they were really thankful, but after that the same group of friends have been out with each other, without even inviting me, probably cause they didnt think i was cool enough to hang out with the girls. Anyway, they probably only went to use me for the party or they thought it would be funny to get me drunk. Every friday night i sit in my room alone, watching everyone else, partying and having a great time on snapchat. I am really starting to get down about it and i feel i am wasting my precious teenage years, i just dont understand why this is happening to me, no one hates me and as i said i have loads of acquaintances. sorry for the legnth, but any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    you can have fun with us on TSR ! tonight it is the language quiz:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post74339496

ReputationRep:
    Teenage years are overrated. Assuming you're 16 you still have like 15 years to go to out to parties/clubs regularly. If you really want to spend more time with people/want more friends the only way is to ask them to do things with you. Even if they don't invite you somewhere in return, if you keep doing this and making time/ spending time for people then you'll gradually become friends. If this fails then pick up a few hobbies etc.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same situation here buddy. I only had 2 good friends at primary school, who left early on. After that I had 1 person who invited me to their house and liked me as a person. In secondary school (and now in year 12) I have only had 2 people I would consider friends, and who would consider be a friend back, maybe a third person, but we haven't talked much beyond class. What has stayed constant for me is how many extracuriccular clubs i do. I do three STEM projects, go swimming at a club, do 2 drama activities, 2 music activities in school and 2 instruments outside of it. While I mostly talk to boys within school (it's single-sex) i sometimes talk to girls while doing these activities, which has sort of help me get over my anxiety at approaching girls.

Like you in year 11, I barely talked to anyone. I focused on my GCSE's and came out with good results. You should focus on that. You'll be so much more satisfied if you come out with good results and get praised by your school than if you make friends with one person and come out with mediocre results. Worry about making friends later.

Your teenage years will not be wasted trust me. Almost everyone that ends up at really good universities has been in the same situation as you. Going to parties and spending hours on end hanging out with girls and boys in groups is what i would call wasting time. This is the part of your life where you focus on education, not friendship. Your friendships will cease to exist once your go off to unviersity.

ReputationRep:
    You can always try and invite yourself to the parties? Overhear them planning something and you go over like "oh that'll be cool, hey can i come what time, what place?" You would be kind of forcing yourself on people but hey at least you're being social. Or join a club or youth group after school to fill up those lonely hours. Or maybe take up a hobby to fill up those hoursb or revise for your GCSE's, who'll be laughing when you have all A's and they won't. So many opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you're doing just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hey im in year 11 aswell and i'm not lying when i say these parties are complete ****, just future **** ups thinking they are cool. Focus on your work and stick with the right crowd, thats what gets you far in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morbtsew)
    H im a year 11 student. So basically my situation is that i have loads of acquaintances at school that i have great conversations with and we mutually enjoy each others company. Outside of school it is the complete opposite, id say i have 2 friends max and these are only people who i go out with because we have no one else to go out. In the summer holidays we only went out once!!! But i thought this was all going to change, as my brother said i could invite some friends to his 18th birthday, and after talking to some acquaintances about it, they decided to come and were really enthuasiastic. We had a great time and they were really thankful, but after that the same group of friends have been out with each other, without even inviting me, probably cause they didnt think i was cool enough to hang out with the girls. Anyway, they probably only went to use me for the party or they thought it would be funny to get me drunk. Every friday night i sit in my room alone, watching everyone else, partying and having a great time on snapchat. I am really starting to get down about it and i feel i am wasting my precious teenage years, i just dont understand why this is happening to me, no one hates me and as i said i have loads of acquaintances. sorry for the legnth, but any help would be great

You have to keep inviting yourself by asking where they are going every week and ask if you can come, even if you think they might think it's annoying.
    If you don't ask you don't get.
    You shouldn't really have to do that but you have no choice or you will always be stuck at home alone
    Also a lot of people who don't go out much or have not many friends to go out with do this thing which is to go on an app called Bigo Live and Live.Me
    And they can meet new friends, partners and make money all at the same time but I have seen a lot of people on it who have met friends who live in their own area that they would never have met otherwise through this app.
    You have to download it on playstore
    I never go out either but that's because my friends are boring and never want to but just yesterday I was texting a bloke on Bigo Live who told me he lives in my area and I have seen so many people asking each other out on dates on it and they end up in a relationship or people arrange to meet each other to go on nights out as friends because they live in the same area. I have also seen teenagers and adults on Bigo Live. I have fun on that and it's not so lonely because you can meet people on it easily

You can also meet people who live in your own area on a dating/ friendship website called Happn because it specifically introduces people to others who live in their area. I met a man on happn who lives 5 minutes from me 2 months ago

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.