Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Retaking year 12 at a new college with completely new subjects help Watch

ReputationRep:
    I currently go to a sixth form where i do not enjoy the atmosphere and some of subjects i do. The subjects i do are maths, DT and ICT. I used to enjoy them in GCSE however, i no longer enjoy them. I want to read mathematics at a top university but i do not do further maths. So i wish to move to another college and do FM, maths and economics regardless of the grades i get in AS. This has been stressing me out for a while now and i just cant get it out of my mind, would this be a stupid choice?

ReputationRep:
    It would not be a 'stupid choice' to move college and start over however you just have to weigh up the pros and cons. You'd be able to read mathematics at university with your current A Levels since FM isn't a requirement, but it is often preferred (plus ICT is slowly becoming a lesser regarded subject.) I presume you've left it far too late to be able to switch 2 subjects at your current college plus not liking the atmosphere isn't great either. The main disadvantage of this choice however would be that you're putting yourself back a year yet still have to stick this year out due to being legally required to stay in education. The only thing you can take forward to next year would be what you learned in maths.

In the end your final decision is down to you and no one here can tell you exactly what to do as it's a tough one.
    Sorry I cannot be much more help and I hope you get someone wiser than me giving you advice.

Edit: Forgot to tag so Redslayed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.