Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Coursework 600 Pages - Page Limit ISSUE Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in a very very **** situation with my coursework. The coursework has no page limits but I have completed 600 pages of work and have a feeling that an examiner would find this too ridiculous to mark. FML. What do I dooooo?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon5555)
    I am in a very very **** situation with my coursework. The coursework has no page limits but I have completed 600 pages of work and have a feeling that an examiner would find this too ridiculous to mark. FML. What do I dooooo?
    Challenge yourself to get rid of anything waffle-y

ReputationRep:
    Which subject is this?

ReputationRep:
    >"advice on everyday issues"
    >600 page coursework

pick one
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Sounds *much* too long unless it's a postgrad thesis (and even then...).

Chart showing average PhD thesis lengths by subject...

So, is this school or university? If school, ask your teacher... if university, your lecturer/tutor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    >"advice on everyday issues"
    >600 page coursework

pick one
    I honestly think this should come under relationships.

ReputationRep:
    What is the wordcount? My PhD thesis isn't that long hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think this should come under relationships.
    Is that how close you've grown to that rainforest-killing document?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    Is that how close you've grown to that rainforest-killing document?
    The coursework is soft copy but now that you mention it I might print the coursework out for fun too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    What is the wordcount? My PhD thesis isn't that long hahaha.
    Around hundred thousand (100k)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Sounds *much* too long unless it's a postgrad thesis (and even then...).

Chart showing average PhD thesis lengths by subject...

So, is this school or university? If school, ask your teacher... if university, your lecturer/tutor.
    This is for school (AQA A2 ICT) sorry I should have mentioned. I see nowhere telling me not to produce a document of 600 or even more pages and so thought well this way an examiner cannot complain about anything missing and take my precious ums marks. To be honest I cared little about the number of pages and just focused on detail but even at a very small font I face this issue of having too many pages. How thick will my coursework be?! I am scared to print it out 😭 I can imagine the printers perhaps malfunctioning. Sometimes the printers make weird sounds when I print out aboht 30 pages. Imagine a printer suffering from diarrhoea (paper ofc).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    This si for school. A2 ICT (Info4) sorry I should have mentioned. I see nowhere telling me not to produce a document fo 600 or even more pages and so thought well this way an examiner cannot complain abojt anything missing and take my precious ums marks.
    So go and talk to your teacher. As you can see from my earlier post, that's longer, much longer, that most PhD theses, nevermind A-level coursework.

No examiner has time to read 600 pages.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So go and talk to your teacher. As you can see from my earlier post, that's longer, much longer, that most PhD theses, nevermind A-level coursework.

No examiner has time to read 600 pages.
    I will speak to my teacher. My plan is to just reduce font size even more (to size 9).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I will speak to my teacher. My plan is to just reduce font size even more (to size 9 or 10)
    Dude.. that doesn't help. You need to remove words, LOTS of words, not make the font smaller.

(Assuming you aren't trolling, which at this stage is becoming less clear...)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Dude.. that doesn't help. You need to remove words, LOTS of words, not make the font smaller.

(Assuming you aren't trolling, which at this stage is becoming less clear...)
    I have spent hours trying to remove and reduce page/word count but I have only included that which contributes to my final mark and I do not unerstand why my page count has gone so above uggh. Like you said it is probably best I speak to my teacher. I have a feeling he might get pissed off :/ Imagine you had a student asking you to take a lot of time marking a 600 page coursework while he could simply look at 200 pages or 300 pages long coursework from others.

The worse thing: the coursework is not finished. This is why in my initial post I mentioned FML. I put in a lot of time and if the marks are gained from what i submit it seems difficult to get myself to remove when AQA are not forcing upon me a page limit. Aaaahhhh I don't understand life.

ReputationRep:
    How did you even manage to do that? In IT A-level coursework? How "in-depth" are we talking here?

ReputationRep:
    They won't even read it. In our place, a PhD thesis is, at 100,000 words, too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    They won't even read it. In our place, a PhD thesis is, at 100,000 words, too long.
    So do you think an examiner is likely to not mark at all? Or simply award a low mark?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    So do you think an examiner is likely to not mark at all? Or simply award a low mark?
    Someone posted their coursework here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2155814

It's 120 pages - much of which is screenshots.

They got full marks...

ReputationRep:
    Just lmfao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.