Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why am i always so tired? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This actually needs to stop every time i come back from school im so tired i just fall onto the couch for like half an hour and when im suppose to revise i acc dont i just come on here this needs to stop ASAP because im in year 11 now and i need to revise for my exams in May/June.How do i stop becoming so tired??HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    Get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Solid sleep. Deep sleep.

Drink 1.5-2 litres of water per day.

Cut out sugary things from your diet, eat fruit and healthy snacks instead of chocolate bars and crisps.

Exercise.

ReputationRep:
    i had the same experience at your age, and it was mainly because I WAS EATING CHEESE? For some reason cheese makes me tired lol.

also GET ENOUGH SLEEP EVERY NIGHT!!

ReputationRep:
    Take stimulants
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you get at least 8 hours sleep each night and make sure you are each healthily. If this doesn't help maybe see you doctor. It could be anaemia or something.

ReputationRep:
    sleep well, drink well, eat healthily... pretty obvious
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Happens a lot to me. However, I found out that the best thing to do is to eat healthy and exercise. I for some reason get a sleep of max 4 hours and 5 on the weekends and this mean't I was tired midway through the day. To help myself, I go for a run in the morning and in the afternoon and drink a lot of water. Also, as mentioned before, stop eating sugary foods. It acually ****s you up bad and your body crashes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you have a healthy diet, exercise regularly and get a decent amount of sleep, you might want to talk to your doctor. You might be deficient in something, for example iron or have hypothyroidism. Your doctor can run blood tests.

ReputationRep:
    get vitamin D checked,

ReputationRep:
    That literally describes me rn. I get so tired and distracted that I don’t complete work and I have hell a lot of work and especially as being in sixth isn’t easy 😂😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k0zaf)
    This actually needs to stop every time i come back from school im so tired i just fall onto the couch for like half an hour and when im suppose to revise i acc dont i just come on here this needs to stop ASAP because im in year 11 now and i need to revise for my exams in May/June.How do i stop becoming so tired??HELP!!
    cut out on sugar

as well as a sugar high you'll also get a sugar low - hence the tiredness

ReputationRep:
    What are you all on about with minimum 8 hours a sleep? Is that actually a thing? I’m 16 and I generally get by quite well with about 5 hours of sleep. During GCSEs I got about 3 hours of sleep most nights and then the occasional Friday about 17 hours😂. I guess I’m gonna die sooner than y’all

If you're also dizzy when you stand up, it's anaemia. If you're losing or gaining a lot of weight, it's a thyroid problem. Either way, you should go see a doc just to be sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k0zaf)
    Get more sleep. Also try sleeping early, then waking up early and revising in the morning- so u have to do less after school and can go sleep early.

ReputationRep:
    Take sleeping tablets
    They help

ReputationRep:
    Iron might be low get a blood test done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    What are you all on about with minimum 8 hours a sleep? Is that actually a thing? I’m 16 and I generally get by quite well with about 5 hours of sleep. During GCSEs I got about 3 hours of sleep most nights and then the occasional Friday about 17 hours😂. I guess I’m gonna die sooner than y’all
    This is so me. I hardly get any sleep and especially during GCSEs mate I lost out on like 5 weeks worth of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    i would say that as much as naps are fun, they actually make you more tired in the long run because you kind of become dependent on them to be able to get through the day, so even though it will be hard, you need to try to stay awake, and then go to bed at an earlier time. do some exercise, it doesnt need to be anything crazy, you dont have to go to the gym for hours on end. something as simple as going on a 15min walk. maybe you could invite some friends/ family, or even take a dog out on a walk everynight? there are also lots of great workout videos online, i know that for me i struggle with exhaustion and also my joints hurt a lot, so i find yoga really useful. it would also be a good idea to go to the doctors and tell them that you are feeling really exhausted, they might suggest some blood tests or recommend some supplements? in terms of what you eat, it gets so tempting when you are stressed to just binge on junk food, but actually that will also make you feel worse and more sluggish. you dont have to start meal prepping but it would be a good idea to just make a few swaps, honestly beans on toast is still more nutritious than a pizza! stock up on simple and easy food that you can just grab and eat. so things like fruit, maybe grab 1/2 ready prepared healthy meals from your local supermarket and keep them stocked in your fridge so on nights where you really cant be bothered to cook something, you wont be as tempted to eat junk food!

P.S you sound pretty stressed about GCSE's, so as someone who has survived them, id just like to say that yes they are important to a degree, but nowhere near as life and deaf as high schools are making them out to be! sickens me how much pressure they put on you guys. always take time for yourself, talk to someone if you have to, either a school counsellor, a therapist, someone on kooth, or look up some stress managment techniques online. please dont worry yourself too much because trust me, whatever happens, your local sixth form or college will sort something out for you, we are always moving forward, you will have a future no matter what happens

ReputationRep:
    get a blood test done asap, this was me during my mocks and for me it turned out that it was a vitamin deficiency

you could have some sort of deficiency

It could be absolutely anything making you tired. You should definitely see a doctor.

I personally had the exact same issue of coming home tired during my teenage years, and only found out indirectly years later that it was because I was depressed. I mention that because I knew at the time I was depressed, but I just did not consider the possibility that it was having such a negative effect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.