Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I'm just looking for some reassurance really!

    I'm in my second year at Sheffield and currently living in a house with some of my flatmates from first year. However, they have all already decided to part ways and live with their respective course friends in third year (as the housing market is opening soon). I would do the same but all of my course friends want to go on years abroad for their third year so I have no one! Starting to worry a bit and just looking for some advice really?

    Embrace loneliness. Get a studio flat.

    Er I don't think they want to live alone I think that's the point in the question...

    I have gone back into halls for my final year, which I would definitely recommend as I've been put with 5 lovely other final year girls who I wouldn't have met otherwise! You should also look on spareroom.com for spare rooms (shocker) or to find other people in your situation to buddy up with! you could also ask the university property service and see if they know of spare rooms or other people you could live with.

    Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    You could do private halls, bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.

    I'm doing that this year because I'm an OAP as far as undergrads go. I have an ensuite, the kitchen/living room is massive and very modern, my flatmates are great, the reception staff are really helpful, if anything breaks it's fixed the next day, everything is within 10 minutes walk...you get the point.

    Downsides are paying for laundry and my room could perhaps have a bit more useful space. I also lived in some very similar halls during the summer, and if I had known about them when I signed up here I probably would've gone for those instead, but that's a problem with the specific halls I'm living in rather than halls in general.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.