The Student Room Group

Not enjoying my a levels

During my GCSE’s I was very fixed on studying maths chemistry and biology a levels, but now I regret taking them. I wanted to do them because I was interested in studying medicine and, although I still find medicine intriguing, I’m really not liking my a levels. None of them interest me at all and the work load and classes aren’t enjoyable for me. I particularly do not like my chemistry teacher at all as I find her very intimidating and strict. The work load is getting to me a lot aswell as I feel like these kinds of a levels hold very high expectations so I feel a lot of pressure to do as much work as possible as I’m currently rewriting my notes and making flash cards on all my notes every night on top of homework. I really don’t know what to do, there aren’t any other subjects I’m interested in doing at all. I’m a very well rounded student as I got A’s and A*s in my GCSE’s but there’s no subjects that I actually want to do and now I’m really stuck with what to do with myself :frown:
Are you in your first year of ALevels? I found that as the year went on u was able to manage the work load better so that I didn't feel as much. But ALevels are hard work. I would try and talk to someone from your college and see what they suggest 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest