Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel 9-1 GCSE Maths Resits Nov 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkDeathRider)
    Sorry for l8 reply.Im not sure I can help you since your doing a different tier.Best I can say is dont panic.gl
    Thank you and you,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lianne.b)
    Thank you, are you taking re-sits as well?
    Yes I am. Failed it for my GCSE's last year and want to give it another try. I was only 5 marks away originally.

I have my next exam tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonVH)
    Yes uI am. Failed it for my GCSE's last year and want to give it another try. I was only 5 marks away originally.

I have my next exam tomorrow. Hope it goes well.
    And you, good luck. My view is can't be any worse then the first paper !!

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the exam today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junior.yk)
    I thought personally compared to Thursday paper, it was a lot easier. I managed to answer all questions but one. I have no idea if they are right but showed as much working as possible to gain some marks !! Hope it works like that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junior.yk)
    I think it went good! The last 4 questions really stumped me, I left the last three questions blank (missed 3 marks :/). But I feel I understood and did the majority of the paper correct.

What do you think will come up in Wednesday's exam?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone share his/her answer?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for that 5 marker where there was that trapezium where you had to work out an angle?I done trig about 3 times and I think I got 32 point something. Can we try to share our answers?For Q1 I got 1.5 for solving x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerWhizzKid)
    What did you guys get for that 5 marker where there was that trapezium where you had to work out an angle?I done trig about 3 times and I think I got 32 point something. Can we try to share our answers?For Q1 I got 1.5 for solving x
    Do you remember the question for 1?

ReputationRep:
    I put 35, for the trapezium answer, how did you find the oil one?
    I thought it was o.k after i saw real oil tank volume.
    The one that confused the hell out of me was the sin and cos question ?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the oil thing?
    I got 1500 litres without any of the 4% adding and all that jazz.

Can't remember my final answer though xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonVH)
    Do you remember the question for 1?
    I believe it was 1.5

ReputationRep:
    Did any other top students resit.Like ppl who wanted a 9 I mean.

Yes! Im the only one out of my school resitting higher! I got a 4 the first time round because maths is honestly my worst subject, along with the fact that my maths teacher hated me! I got 10 GCSEs A-C. I am aiming for a 6 or higher for these exams. They have been so difficult so far though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerWhizzKid)
    I believe it was 1.5
    I don't remember the question. So I can't really say my answer. Do you know the question?

ReputationRep:
    How are u guys revising for paper 3 😌

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure, I keep telling myself to study everything they didn't cover yet. I definitely think construction will be on there and more angles as only had a couple of locations on that. The rest I'm unsure !

ReputationRep:
    I believe the trapezium was indeed 32 point something (32.1/32.2).
    For oil tank I wrote k=0.98
    As for sin n cosine I really hope ur not talking about the one (root (sin 45 +sin 30/cos 45+cos 30) cos it literally said type into ur calculator.
    Guys if u remember any quexions from the exam u can ask me what I got n how I worjed out. Except for last question I just about got it wrong.sane with the shaded segment.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the trapezium was indeed 32 point something (32.1/32.2).
    For oil tank I wrote k=0.98
    As for sin n cosine I really hope ur not talking about the one (root (sin 45 +sin 30/cos 45+cos 30) cos it literally said type into ur calculator.
    Guys if u remember any quexions from the exam u can ask me what I got n how I worjed out. Except for last question I just about got it wrong.sane with the shaded segment.
    Could you put together an unofficial markscheme? And can you remember what you got for that quadratic equation question

ReputationRep:
    Last paper tomorrow! Thankfully 😩 it was my first time sitting GCSEs, (home schooled) I had no idea what to expect. I panicked for the first paper and completely messed it up 😰 the second paper went so much better, even though I argued with a loved one right before I went in to the exam😩, however I wasn’t panicking about the paper so my brain could actually dig out the methods😂, hopefully my answers are correct 🤞
    Any idea what paper 3 might focus on?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think circles will be on there and more algebra, i also have a feeling another sin and cos .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.