Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there ever a graceful way? Watch

Hey all!

I was dating a guy for a good few months and went on numerous dates with him. He mentioned a ‘friend’ of his on numerous occasions who was always at his house, who I suspected may have been more than just a friend from the outset to be honest.

Anyway, after something just not feeling right about us, I did take him to task and ask him if he was still interested or if he had something else going on, basically giving him a get out if he needed one. He quickly said that he was still interested and wanted to see how things went, but that he had a terminally ill uncle and whatnot and that was monopolising his time. Only thing is that I have since worked out that he has been seeing this other guy for quite some time and behind my back. At the very least, they are ‘friends with benefits’, but it’s really irritating me that I feel I can’t let him know that despite him thinking he has played me and still has me hanging, I can’t put him straight and make him realise how much of an ar**hole he is.

I’ll be honest- i feel like I’ve been part of some pretty crappy game, and I feel disgusted that he would use a terminally ill relative as an excuse if he is just playing around behind his other half’s back. Because we live so close to one another, we see each other all the time, and he smirks when he sees me.

So I was wondering... is there ever any graceful way of saying ‘look, I’ve worked you out. I know you played me, and think you’re disgusting for doing so in the way you did.’
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well how did you work out he played you?

You could say that to him, but if you know for sure he's a player and that the excuse was made up, he probably doesn't have much of a conscience so saying that to him isn't probably going to change anything.

Hah, good question! Well, he and I live directly opposite one another (something neither of us realised when we matched on Tinder originally!!) and so I have to drive past his place every day to go to work, and in the evening when I’m heading to the gym in the evening.

Anyway, I met a guy about three years ago whose name popped up a few times when I was dating this new guy who I feel has played me. It wasn’t until I walked to and from the gym one evening about four weeks ago that I noticed the guy from three years ago’s car (I’ve an eidetic memory- it’s a hindrance at times!!) and on my way to work in the mornings I have noticed he stays over night at least four to five times a week. I’m thinking that says that they’re at least sleeping together, even if they aren’t officially a ‘thing’?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hah, good question! Well, he and I live directly opposite one another (something neither of us realised when we matched on Tinder originally!!) and so I have to drive past his place every day to go to work, and in the evening when I’m heading to the gym in the evening.

Anyway, I met a guy about three years ago whose name popped up a few times when I was dating this new guy who I feel has played me. It wasn’t until I walked to and from the gym one evening about four weeks ago that I noticed the guy from three years ago’s car (I’ve an eidetic memory- it’s a hindrance at times!!) and on my way to work in the mornings I have noticed he stays over night at least four to five times a week. I’m thinking that says that they’re at least sleeping together, even if they aren’t officially a ‘thing’?
    Yeah if it's the same car definitely would suggest that imo... why else stay over at his place all the time? I sincerely hope he didn't make that up about his uncle. Anyway, sounds definitely like one to be avoided. If I was you, I'd just ghost the player from now on and get seeing some new guys, have a bit of fun, take it slow and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    I always prefer to quietly leave and let karma take its cause in those situations. It's also better that the other person knows less, sometimes it bites them in the arse and causes them a lot of stress when they have a lot of unanswered questions lol. Depending on the situation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.