Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    These are six/seven figure state of the art simulators, and even they can't get it right.
    Actually closer to 9 figures for the simulator that Mercedes F1 have, but along the same point :P
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by harvey7)
    Driving lessons are expensive, right? If a PS4/Xbox One game was released that you could use to practice your driving in VR or just on screen, would you buy it? Steerings wheel and pedals would be included in a bundle.

It would be a great, cost effective alternative to IRL driving lessons!

What do YOU think?
    I had a Logitech G27, which is a fairly expensive bit of kit with a 900 degree steering wheel w/ stick shifter and pedal set incl. clutch.

I mainly played Euro Truck Simulator 2 on it, and despite racking up hundreds of hours on the game, my driving IRL was still poor in my first few lessons. I probably picked up some nasty habits too, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly old thread but City Car Driving is the best game to practice manoeuvers if you have a G27 or similar kit; helped me a lot (practically nailed my turn in the road/parallel parks by doing it on here over and over).

ETS2 was more of my wind down fun driving game, plus CCD on free-drive move punished you for some weird things and the cars had an unrealistic amount of power (like every car is literally some kind of godtier turbo and you can do 70 in 2nd gear). I felt ETS2 was better at teaching me to use my mirrors and learning lanes on a motorway.

Games do help a lot and in a fun manner; I attribute a lot of my pass to those two games; but I wouldn't use them in place of a lesson anyday. ETS2 though; whilst being a truck-based game is simply outstanding for learners when played in manual with a H shifter.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.