Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to reuse wiki data set for my dissertation . I have downloaded database dump file from wikipedia page. But i can't understand data structure of Wikipedia. Anybody can explain me or lead me reference link .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naylynn)
    I want to reuse wiki data set for my dissertation . I have downloaded database dump file from wikipedia page. But i can't understand data structure of Wikipedia. Anybody can explain me or lead me reference link .
    Apologies if I'm misinterpreting the questionl; I'm not 100% sure what exactly you're wanting to do. Are you looking to parse the data? There's umpteen different things available for this.
    Wikipedia-SQL Dump Parser seems to be fairly reputable. But there's many available.

Also, this manual covers, fairly comprehensively, how to import an XML Data Dump, like Wikipedia's. [MANUAL: Importing XML Dumps]

What kind of data dump have you taken? I'm sure Wikipedia Data Downloads primarily use either XML, JSON, or RDF. But I may be entirely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolver72)
    Apologies if I'm misinterpreting the questionl; I'm not 100% sure what exactly you're wanting to do. Are you looking to parse the data? There's umpteen different things available for this.
    Wikipedia-SQL Dump Parser seems to be fairly reputable. But there's many available.

Also, this manual covers, fairly comprehensively, how to import an XML Data Dump, like Wikipedia's. [MANUAL: Importing XML Dumps]

What kind of data dump have you taken? I'm sure Wikipedia Data Downloads primarily use either XML, JSON, or RDF. But I may be entirely wrong.
    Thanks for your attention . Your are right. I want to use wiki database(for parsing) for my information retrieval system (My research). I want to import wiki database file to my system and parsing.When i downloaded database file. There are different kind of file type. But i don't understand data structure of database. How they connect each other. Can you explain me?
    With best regards
    NayLynn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.