Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The job description of asset management seems very appealing and I am hoping to get spring weeks experience with it (even though it seems impossible) but it is hard to find concrete information about this career. What are hours like? And how good is the salary? Finally, is the future prospects of burgeoning workers good? I feel like I have a future in the finance industry but I am struggling to perfectly pin down a certain role which I woulod want or even sector to work in (hedge funds and sales and trading are options too but the hours are throwing me off)

ReputationRep:
    Investment Banking and Asset Managment might not be for you. They work hard to get things done, and will go out of their way to get whatever they need. Your too lazy to complete a few simple internet searches. Have a think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intel_Imperator)
    Investment Banking and Asset Managment might not be for you. They work hard to get things done, and will go out of their way to get whatever they need. Your too lazy to complete a few simple internet searches. Have a think about it.
    I'm not too lazy to do the searches and that is very disrespectful. The information online is very hazy and variable and it would be better to get an insider's knowledge rather than the figures quoted by newspapers. There's no need to be rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakofsta)
    I'm not too lazy to do the searches and that is very disrespectful. The information online is very hazy and variable and it would be better to get an insider's knowledge rather than the figures quoted by newspapers. There's no need to be rude
    Alright then,

Go visit our Investment Banking forums, there will be hundreds of people with insider knowledge. Be advised, this is a student room, full of students, not M.D's at JP Morgan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intel_Imperator)
    Alright then,

Go visit our Investment Banking forums, there will be hundreds of people with insider knowledge. Be advised, this is a student room, full of students, not M.D's at JP Morgan.
    Maybe I misspoke. I didn't mean insider knowledge, just the knowledge that more researched individuals would have

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.