Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking into the different accommodation available at Staffs and just wanted to get any current student opinions on what they picked. I was originally going to go for Clarice Cliff Court/College court but after looking at the 360 tour things on the website I see they aren't as modern as the other choices with some of the rooms looking dark slightly dingy and with the ensuite option I see it looks like space is limited due to the ensuite. I was also looking at Leek Road Houses and just wanted any opinion of what its like to live in a student house provided by the uni it all looks better than the ensuite options so I think I am going to try and get into the houses.

Bit long winded but I just would appreciate a current students opinion on the student accommodation as I read on a review website (which didnt look to trustworthy as I imagine you would only look for a review site if you had a bad experience for student accom) a number of negative views along with conflicting statement so thought I would come here instead. Slightly worrying when I read the bad reviews because when I join uni I am moving down from Newcastle Upon Tyne and will not know anyone and have never been to Stoke except an open day but only saw the uni then left.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm in my second year of Staffs, and lived in accommodation last year.
    I had two different rooms in Clarice Cliff over the year, and my partner is currently living in Clarice as well. So I have to admit - I'm not as much a beacon of knowledge on the halls or houses (although I have had friends in both).
    I genuinely loved Clarice. It is smaller and less fancy than the other two, but I loved having my own toilet. And it's the kind of place that only feels scary and dark when you're not living there. Once you make it your own, it's really cozy and nice.
    I think my favourite bit is that you're separated from the rest of the uni quarter by a little nature reserve, with a stream and a hill that looks out of Stoke. I, personally, would say Clarice is the most homely halls (can't speak for College Court, as it wasn't available last year).
    But halls and houses definitely have the one up on style! And - the one thing I was always jealous of - they have a TV and living area, whereas in Clarice your social space is your kitchen.
    Anyway, I'm ranting a bit. Let me know if you have any more specific questions, or if you would like some photos. There's an open day on the 25th, if you'd like to check it out yourself!
    Hope I've been helpful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.