Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some universities allow you to have nearly complete free range of what you choose and I'd like to know some of the good universities which offer history courses with modules about modern (generally 15th century onwards) warfare. Also if there are good university courses with modules on the USSR then I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know.
    Спасибо.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    Some universities allow you to have nearly complete free range of what you choose and I'd like to know some of the good universities which offer history courses with modules about modern (generally 15th century onwards) warfare. Also if there are good university courses with modules on the USSR then I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know.
    Спасибо.
    Have you considered War Studies at eg King's?

I suggest that you have a thorough dig through various History/War Studies courses to see which ones have the modules you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Have you considered War Studies at eg King's?

I suggest that you have a thorough dig through various History/War Studies courses to see which ones have the modules you want.
    I've considered War Studies at King's College but the entry requirements are too high for me I think (AAA whereas my predicted grades are AAC).

ReputationRep:
    I've considered War Studies at King's College but the entry requirements are too high for me I think (AAA whereas my predicted grades are AAC).
    Ah, important information!

In that case have a look at Kent, who offer degrees in War and Conflict, Military History, straight History, and History and Hispanic Studies (noting your other post about Nottingham). The entry requirements are all much closer to your predictions. Kent also offer great flexibility within their courses, and often the ability to take modules outside your main subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Ah, important information!

In that case have a look at Kent, who offer degrees in War and Conflict, Military History, straight History, and History and Hispanic Studies (noting your other post about Nottingham). The entry requirements are all much closer to your predictions. Kent also offer great flexibility within their courses, and often the ability to take modules outside your main subject.
    Thanks for pointing out Kent, the Military history course seems to have a lot of nice modules. To reply to your post in my other thread thing: The Nottingham "Hispanic studies and History" course has some nice modules on modern history and one solely on Soviet state and society.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for pointing out Kent, the Military history course seems to have a lot of nice modules. To reply to your post in my other thread thing: The Nottingham "Hispanic studies and History" course has some nice modules on modern history and one solely on Soviet state and society.
    There's also Aberystwyth's International Politics & Military History course at BBB. Their general History and Modern & Contemporary History courses also contain modules which should interest you. Brunel offer Military & International History at the same requirements. Either might suit you as an insurance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you're interested in war you could look into IR rather than history? A lot of politics departments have modules about the Cold War.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.