Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If one was to gain a masters from oxford would you not put your UG degree on your CV Watch

ReputationRep:
    If one was to gain a masters from oxford would you not bother putting your UG degree on your CV
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I would put both on mine.

My CV has my three degrees on it (none are Oxbridge).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'd put both on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    I would put both on mine.

My CV has my three degrees on it (none are Oxbridge).
    ohhh okay

ReputationRep:
    I'd list both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    I'd put both on.
    Wouldnt one presume one has a UG degree if they were to gain a masters though that was my though around possibly not including it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klw18)
    I'd list both.
    Wouldnt a employer presume one has a UG degree if they were to gain a masters though that was my though around possibly not including the UG degree

ReputationRep:
    To save space only include the masters
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joewilson1)
    Wouldnt one presume one has a UG degree if they were to gain a masters though that was my though around possibly not including it
    Of course, however they may wish to know the route you have taken to get to your current position at degree level.

ReputationRep:
    I would still mention it as an undergraduate degree is an achievement in itself. Where did you study it?

ReputationRep:
    I would put it on after graduating but likely remove it later down the road.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt a employer presume one has a UG degree if they were to gain a masters though that was my though around possibly not including the UG degree
    Perhaps they'd like to know what you'd studied previously. No need to go into detail, but it's still an achievement worth noting.

ReputationRep:
    If one was to gain a masters from oxford would you not bother putting your UG degree on your CV
    Of course you would?

ReputationRep:
    There is no real space-saving if you omit the first degree. The CV would look like this:

Relevant education BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (2:1, Warwick), MSc Robotics (Oxford)

One line, two degrees.

ReputationRep:
    You don't necessarily need an UG degree to do a PG one.

There's no rational reason not to list an UG degree if you have one. It won't save any space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Of course, however they may wish to know the route you have taken to get to your current position at degree level.
    ohh as i would be wanting to do the BCL at oxford wouldnt that suggest i did the LLB or equivalent as that would be the only way to get onto the masters i believe (correct me if i am wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I would still mention it as an undergraduate degree is an achievement in itself. Where did you study it?
    I am currently studying law but wanting to do the BCL at oxford my uni isnt as highly regarded for law as oxford is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I would put it on after graduating but likely remove it later down the road.
    yeah i would think experience would be more important im some cases further down the line than a UG degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    There is no real space-saving if you omit the first degree. The CV would look like this:

Relevant education BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (2:1, Warwick), MSc Robotics (Oxford)

One line, two degrees.
    Would you not need to go into detail with the masters and UG degree about what modules one studied which would be taking up a fair bit of room on the CV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    You don't necessarily need an UG degree to do a PG one.

There's no rational reason not to list an UG degree if you have one. It won't save any space.
    I was just thinking if you were to go into detial about masters and UG degree it may take up a fair bit of room and many on TSR suggest the UG degree is irevelant once one has gained a masters

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.