The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Welcome to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Hi Guys,

As offers are starting to be made, it’s a great chance to chat with others and get to know what courses everyone has applied for.

It's also a chance to ask me any questions you may have about life at NTU :biggrin:

Just fill out the form and get chatting!

Course:

Conditional/Unconditional?:

Any questions for Chris?:

Chris - NTU Rep :banana2:

Scroll to see replies

Course: Law LLB

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional - already firmed!

Any questions for Chris?: When are we able to start booking accommodation? And will there be an offer holders open day, as I know some Uni's host one whilst others don't?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Undefined..

Any questions for Chris?: When are we able to start booking accommodation? And will there be an offer holders open day, as I know some Uni's host one whilst others don't?

Hey @undefined

Great news that you've firmed Trent, we look forward to seeing you in September! :biggrin:

Bookings for accommodation take place on January 22, as you've firmed NTU you'll get some information soon which will give you some more guidance so keep your eyes peeled for that.

We have three open days that take place in the spring which are designed for offer holders. They are taking place on:

Saturday 3 February

Saturday 24 February

Saturday 24 March

Any questions, give me a shout! :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Reply 3
Original post by Undefined..

Hiya love. Just wondering what was your predicted grades for A2 and what you got at AS to have a unconditional? Not quite sure how they work in comparison, if you don't mind that is
Name: Michaella
Course: Global studies and communication&studies AND global studies and media
Grades: A (achieved AS)
Predicted Overall: AAB
Also applying to: Nottingham and Sussex

Received offers: Unconditional is firm OR 104 tariffs if made insurance
Hi Chris,
I sent my application off on Thursday but have not received an offer yet.
Could you please tell me the time frame for which I should expect an offer for BSc Biological Sciences - I know that the Admissions Tutor is away until 18th.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Haneeq. :smile:
Original post by haneeq786
Hi Chris,
I sent my application off on Thursday but have not received an offer yet.
Could you please tell me the time frame for which I should expect an offer for BSc Biological Sciences - I know that the Admissions Tutor is away until 18th.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Haneeq. :smile:

Hi Haneeq,

We aim to respond to applications within 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you'll hear something from us soon :smile:

Let me know if I can help any further

Chris - NTU Rep
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Haneeq,

We aim to respond to applications within 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you'll hear something from us soon :smile:

Let me know if I can help any further

Chris - NTU Rep

Does this include time to investigate into certain qualifications if needed?
Does this include time to investigate into certain qualifications if needed?

Hi Haneeq,

If the admissions team need to investigate certain qualifications then this may delay the process. I can't really put a time frame on this as it will vary on an individual basis but I am sure the team will work as quickly as they can to process your application. :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Original post by Setekh
Course: Biomedical Science BSc 350C

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional if firmed (already firmed)

Any questions for Chris?: I have firmed my offer yesterday and received an email with my ID however the offer is yet to change to unconditional, do you know how long roughly it will take for my offer to change to unconditional? I assume this will change in the next couple days on UCAS track but I don't know.

Hi @Setekh :wavey:

Massive congrats on your offer and even better news that you've chosen NTU as your firm!

Track should update within 24-36 hours but should it not give our admissions team a ring on +44(0)115 848 4200 and they'll be able to help you out!

Give me a shout if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Hi,

Course: Biological Sciences

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional, but Unconditional if firm (which it is)

Any questions for Chris?: I have selected NTu as my firm yesterday. Can you please tell me when this will appear as Unconditional in UCAS Track?

Thanks
Hi,

Course: Biological Sciences

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional, but Unconditional if firm (which it is)

Any questions for Chris?: I have selected NTu as my firm yesterday. Can you please tell me when this will appear as Unconditional in UCAS Track?

Thanks

Hi Haneeq!

Great to hear that you have chosen NTU as your firm choice :biggrin:

Track should update between 24-36 hours, if it doesn't give our admissions team a quick call on +44(0)115 848 4200 and they'll be able to help you out :smile:

Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU Rep
Course: Accounting and finance

Conditional/Unconditional?:Conditional

Any questions for Chris?:When does being able to apply for accommodation open?
Original post by Kcoppolaro
Course: Accounting and finance

Conditional/Unconditional?:Conditional

Any questions for Chris?:When does being able to apply for accommodation open?

Hey @Kcoppolaro

Accommodation booking opens on January 22, we'll be sending an information pack out in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled for the post!

Do you know which halls of residence you would like to book?

If you have any other questions, give me a shout!

Chris - NTU Rep
Course: Product Design (BSc)
Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional (BBC) or Unconditional (if firmed)
Course : product design (BA)Conditional offerHi I'm a bit worried , I love NTU and want to put it as my 1st choice but I'm also worried that if I don't get the grade they're going to immediately say no to me, when I could get it others with similar grades .
Course: Business Management and Human Resources

Conditional/Unconditional?: A conditional I think?

Any questions for Chris? I have received a conditional offer on UCAS track but haven’t received an email so do not know if it is unconditional if firm offer or not, which is usually stated on a separate email from the university itself (received one from DMU this way). Could you shed any light on this? Also I never received any acknowledgment emails from Trent either when first sent off my application.
Reply 17
Hi Chris

Course: Sport and Exercise Science
Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional offer
Any questions:
I was wondering which of the spring Open days for offer holders are holded in the Clifton Campus?
Thanks in advance
Original post by yoyo2000
Course: Product Design (BSc)
Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional (BBC) or Unconditional (if firmed)

Hey @yoyo2000

Massive congrats on your offer! :biggrin:

If you have any questions you want to ask me, don't hesitate to give me a shout. :u:

Chris - NTU Rep
Original post by Iloveanimals123
Course : product design (BA)Conditional offerHi I'm a bit worried , I love NTU and want to put it as my 1st choice but I'm also worried that if I don't get the grade they're going to immediately say no to me, when I could get it others with similar grades .

Hey @Iloveanimals123 :hello:

Congrats on your offer!

I totally get your dilema and it is a hard choice. I won't be able to say how 'leniant' we are because honestly, each year it changes as it depends on how many offer holders meet the criteria and therefore how many spaces are on the course.

You of course do have your insurance choice. Your insurance choice is advised to have lower entry requirements so if you don't meet the criteria for your firm choice, you will have a greater chance of getting into your insurance.

You still have a lot of time to think though, so take your time and go with what is best for you :smile:

Give me a shout if I can help any further.

Chris - NTU Rep

Quick Reply