Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Welcome to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Hi Guys,

As offers are starting to be made, it’s a great chance to chat with others and get to know what courses everyone has applied for.

It's also a chance to ask me any questions you may have about life at NTU

Just fill out the form and get chatting!

Course:

Conditional/Unconditional?:

Any questions for Chris?:

Chris - NTU Rep :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law LLB

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional - already firmed!

Any questions for Chris?: When are we able to start booking accommodation? And will there be an offer holders open day, as I know some Uni's host one whilst others don't?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Undefined..)

Any questions for Chris?: When are we able to start booking accommodation? And will there be an offer holders open day, as I know some Uni's host one whilst others don't?
    Hey undefined

Great news that you've firmed Trent, we look forward to seeing you in September!

Bookings for accommodation take place on January 22, as you've firmed NTU you'll get some information soon which will give you some more guidance so keep your eyes peeled for that.

We have three open days that take place in the spring which are designed for offer holders. They are taking place on:

Saturday 3 February

Saturday 24 February

Saturday 24 March

Any questions, give me a shout!

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undefined..)

Hiya love. Just wondering what was your predicted grades for A2 and what you got at AS to have a unconditional? Not quite sure how they work in comparison, if you don't mind that is

ReputationRep:
    Name: Michaella
    Course: Global studies and communication&studies AND global studies and media
    Grades: A (achieved AS)
    Predicted Overall: AAB
    Also applying to: Nottingham and Sussex

Received offers: Unconditional is firm OR 104 tariffs if made insurance

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chris,
    I sent my application off on Thursday but have not received an offer yet.
    Could you please tell me the time frame for which I should expect an offer for BSc Biological Sciences - I know that the Admissions Tutor is away until 18th.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Haneeq.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by haneeq786)
    Hi Chris,
    I sent my application off on Thursday but have not received an offer yet.
    Could you please tell me the time frame for which I should expect an offer for BSc Biological Sciences - I know that the Admissions Tutor is away until 18th.

Can you shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Haneeq.
    Hi Haneeq,

We aim to respond to applications within 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you'll hear something from us soon

Let me know if I can help any further

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
    Hi Haneeq,

We aim to respond to applications within 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you'll hear something from us soon

Let me know if I can help any further

Chris - NTU Rep
    Does this include time to investigate into certain qualifications if needed?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Does this include time to investigate into certain qualifications if needed?
    Hi Haneeq,

If the admissions team need to investigate certain qualifications then this may delay the process. I can't really put a time frame on this as it will vary on an individual basis but I am sure the team will work as quickly as they can to process your application.

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biomedical Science BSc 350C

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional if firmed (already firmed)

Any questions for Chris?: I have firmed my offer yesterday and received an email with my ID however the offer is yet to change to unconditional, do you know how long roughly it will take for my offer to change to unconditional? I assume this will change in the next couple days on UCAS track but I don't know.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Setekh)
    Course: Biomedical Science BSc 350C

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional if firmed (already firmed)

Any questions for Chris?: I have firmed my offer yesterday and received an email with my ID however the offer is yet to change to unconditional, do you know how long roughly it will take for my offer to change to unconditional? I assume this will change in the next couple days on UCAS track but I don't know.
    Hi @Setekh :wavey:

Massive congrats on your offer and even better news that you've chosen NTU as your firm!

Track should update within 24-36 hours but should it not give our admissions team a ring on +44(0)115 848 4200 and they'll be able to help you out!

Give me a shout if you have any questions

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Course: Biological Sciences

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional, but Unconditional if firm (which it is)

Any questions for Chris?: I have selected NTu as my firm yesterday. Can you please tell me when this will appear as Unconditional in UCAS Track?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Course: Biological Sciences

Conditional/Unconditional?: Conditional, but Unconditional if firm (which it is)

Any questions for Chris?: I have selected NTu as my firm yesterday. Can you please tell me when this will appear as Unconditional in UCAS Track?

Thanks
    Hi Haneeq!

Great to hear that you have chosen NTU as your firm choice

Track should update between 24-36 hours, if it doesn't give our admissions team a quick call on +44(0)115 848 4200 and they'll be able to help you out

Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    Course: Accounting and finance

Conditional/Unconditional?:Conditional

Any questions for Chris?:When does being able to apply for accommodation open?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kcoppolaro)
    Course: Accounting and finance

Conditional/Unconditional?:Conditional

Any questions for Chris?:When does being able to apply for accommodation open?
    Hey Kcoppolaro

Accommodation booking opens on January 22, we'll be sending an information pack out in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled for the post!

Do you know which halls of residence you would like to book?

If you have any other questions, give me a shout!

Chris - NTU Rep

ReputationRep:
    Course: Product Design (BSc)
    Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional (BBC) or Unconditional (if firmed)

ReputationRep:
    Course : product design (BA)Conditional offerHi I'm a bit worried , I love NTU and want to put it as my 1st choice but I'm also worried that if I don't get the grade they're going to immediately say no to me, when I could get it others with similar grades .

ReputationRep:
    Course: Business Management and Human Resources

Conditional/Unconditional?: A conditional I think?

Any questions for Chris? I have received a conditional offer on UCAS track but haven’t received an email so do not know if it is unconditional if firm offer or not, which is usually stated on a separate email from the university itself (received one from DMU this way). Could you shed any light on this? Also I never received any acknowledgment emails from Trent either when first sent off my application.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chris

Course: Sport and Exercise Science
    Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional offer
    Any questions:
    I was wondering which of the spring Open days for offer holders are holded in the Clifton Campus?
    Thanks in advance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by yoyo2000)
    Course: Product Design (BSc)
    Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional (BBC) or Unconditional (if firmed)
    Hey yoyo2000

Massive congrats on your offer!

If you have any questions you want to ask me, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Chris - NTU Rep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.