The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma_Mcfly_Hope
Ah thats cool i’ve been wanting to start trying to talk to people on the course to start making friends :smile: I booked onto the March open day today which i’m looking forward to.

It's nice to actually talk to someone doing the same course as me. Have you been looking into accommodation yet?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Yes I agree it’s so nice to talk to others on the same course. I’m going to book the halls at Brakenhurst for the first year as the rooms were a nice size and the kitchen was nice and it’s just convenient.
Yes I agree it’s so nice to talk to others on the same course. I’m going to book the halls at Brakenhurst for the first year as the rooms were a nice size and the kitchen was nice and it’s just convenient.

That's exactly what I was thinking. My only issue is where each block is located. Ideally I want to be in one away from the car park.
I’m bringing my car to uni with me so it would be good to be near the car park but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I wasn’t near it.
I’m bringing my car to uni with me so it would be good to be near the car park but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I wasn’t near it.

It's a small area so I can't see it being much of an issue. I just don't want the noise.
Thats fair enough and a good point actually.
Course- law
Conditional/unconditional- unconditional if firm
I know there are open days planned however I am unable to come on a saturday due to work commitments. Will there be any open days mid week for offer holders?
I'm doing animal biology!!! You're the first person who ive found will be studying at brackenhurst!!! :smile:
Wooo! Hi, it’s great to talk to people that are doing the same/ similar courses :smile:
Original post by xxKenziexx
I've firmed NTU to do zoo biology also, looks like we will be studying together :smile:. I think the open days in the spring are designed for offer holders, I'm looking to go sometime in February to look around again more than anything.

There's someone else who will be studying at brackenhurst!! Have you thought about the accommodation or anything yet, I'm so nervous to book it soon because I haven't really found anyone else who is doing a similar course lol
Original post by caitlinjane6
Course- law
Conditional/unconditional- unconditional if firm
I know there are open days planned however I am unable to come on a saturday due to work commitments. Will there be any open days mid week for offer holders?

Hi @caitlinjane6

Congratulations on your offer! :five:

Unfortunately we don't have any midweek open days for undergraduates, but if there are any specific questions you would like to know I can help you with those! :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Original post by helpmelucy
There's someone else who will be studying at brackenhurst!! Have you thought about the accommodation or anything yet, I'm so nervous to book it soon because I haven't really found anyone else who is doing a similar course lol

Aww yay! I’ve been thinking a lot about accommodation actually and I think I’ve chosen the block I’d like. I’m quite nervous to book it but mainly excited. Which course are you doing?
I’m definitely staying at Brakenhurst for the first year, just out of interest how did you know which block you want to book? And which block are you thinking booking?
I’m definitely staying at Brakenhurst for the first year, just out of interest how did you know which block you want to book? And which block are you thinking booking?

I looked at street view on google maps as you can see the block names on them. I liked the look of Cherry.
Ooooo thank you, i’ll have a look :smile:
Course: Economics Ba

Offer: conditional but unconditional if I firm

Question: basically I want to firm ntu but I can't do this until I receive all of my offers. Can I apply for accommodation even though I haven't firmed my offer as I would like to have the best possible chance of getting accommodation in my desired place?

Cheers, Roshaan
Course: LLB International Law

Offer: Conditional but unconditional if firm.

I decided to choose NTU as my insurance. Will I still be able to apply for accommodation even though NTU is my insurance choice ?
Original post by _shaani.j
Course: Economics Ba

Offer: conditional but unconditional if I firm

Question: basically I want to firm ntu but I can't do this until I receive all of my offers. Can I apply for accommodation even though I haven't firmed my offer as I would like to have the best possible chance of getting accommodation in my desired place?

Cheers, Roshaan

Original post by MarxHatesParsons
Course: LLB International Law

Offer: Conditional but unconditional if firm.

I decided to choose NTU as my insurance. Will I still be able to apply for accommodation even though NTU is my insurance choice ?

Hi Both

Unfortunately, the booking system is only open to applicants who choose NTU as their firm choice. Once you have done this you'll recieve a student ID which is what you'll need to book your accommodation.

Give me a shout if I can help any further.

Chris
Reply 78
Name: MattCourse: Sport and exercise scienceOffer: Unconditional if firmed (Has been firmed)Question: Is there specific rooms/floors which are recommended in new halls? Am hoping for a slightly larger room as I am 6'5
Original post by Mattk
Name: MattCourse: Sport and exercise scienceOffer: Unconditional if firmed (Has been firmed)Question: Is there specific rooms/floors which are recommended in new halls? Am hoping for a slightly larger room as I am 6'5

Hi Matt

Great to hear that you have firmed NTU!

Unfortunately all of the rooms are exactly the same size so there isn't an option to choose a larger room, you could contact our accommodation team by emailing [email protected] for an alternative solution :smile:

Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending