The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys there is an app called Campus Society - you can find your university & course & halls to make friends, a lot of people use it!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Welcome to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Hi Guys,

As offers are starting to be made, it’s a great chance to chat with others and get to know what courses everyone has applied for.

It's also a chance to ask me any questions you may have about life at NTU :biggrin:

Just fill out the form and get chatting!

Course: Biological Science

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional

Any questions for Chris?: Hi, I have booked the February 3rd open day but have received nothing in the post? Could you please tell me when I will receive an open day guide or timetable. Also, is this open day designed for offer holders?

Thanks in advance

Haneeq.
[QUOTE="haneeq786;75771486"]
Welcome to the Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Offer Holder's Thread - 2018

Hi Guys,

As offers are starting to be made, it’s a great chance to chat with others and get to know what courses everyone has applied for.

It's also a chance to ask me any questions you may have about life at NTU :biggrin:

Just fill out the form and get chatting!

Course: Biological Science

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional

Any questions for Chris?: Hi, I have booked the February 3rd open day but have received nothing in the post? Could you please tell me when I will receive an open day guide or timetable. Also, is this open day designed for offer holders?

Thanks in advance

Haneeq.

Hi Haneeq

Congratulations on your offer!

All of our Spring open days (3 Feb, 24 Feb and 24 March) are designed with offer holders in mind.

Open day guides and personalised timetables will start going out over the next few days so rest assured you'll receive it in good time before the event.

If you want to make a start on planning your day, our guides are actually available online here, so you don't have to wait for yours to arrive (though I do recommend bringing your copy with you on the day) - we'll also have the timetables online before the end of the week.

Is there anything in particular you're hoping to get from your visit?

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Thanks
Chris
[QUOTE="University;75771710" Nottingham="Nottingham" Trent="Trent"]
Original post by haneeq786

Hi Haneeq

Congratulations on your offer!

All of our Spring open days (3 Feb, 24 Feb and 24 March) are designed with offer holders in mind.

Open day guides and personalised timetables will start going out over the next few days so rest assured you'll receive it in good time before the event.

If you want to make a start on planning your day, our guides are actually available online here, so you don't have to wait for yours to arrive (though I do recommend bringing your copy with you on the day) - we'll also have the timetables online before the end of the week.

Is there anything in particular you're hoping to get from your visit?

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Thanks
Chris

Hi,
I just wanted a bit more information about the course and the assignments etc.
[QUOTE="haneeq786;75771760"]

Hi,
I just wanted a bit more information about the course and the assignments etc.

Hi Haneeq

Awesome - the open day will definitely be useful. There will be a subject talk that will give you an overview of the course, modules and how you study, plus a tour of our facilities and the opportunity to get involved in a taster session.

You'll also find talks and tours on accommodation, student support and a subject and information fair where you can meet teaching staff and current students...basically if there's anything you need to know, we should have you covered :biggrin:

Have a good one!

Thanks again
Chris
Hi Liv

We have several open days which are designed to be a little bit more personal for offer holders and to give you the chance to chat to tutors, they are being held on:

Saturday 3 February
Saturday 24 February
Saturday 24 March

Give me a shout if I can help any further!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help so far! I’m also just wondering if there is a contact email address for the Admissions department as I have a few queries.
Original post by obrown212
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help so far! I’m also just wondering if there is a contact email address for the Admissions department as I have a few queries.

Hi Liv

You can contact our admissions team by emailing [email protected]

Chris :smile:
Great thank you!
Original post by Louellie11
Course: English and Linguistics

Conditional/Unconditional?: Unconditional !!

Any questions for Chris?: Does Clifton Campus accommodation go quickly ? Should I be booking asap ?

<3

Hi

Louellie

Apologies for the delayed response

Did you manage to book the accmmodation you wanted on Monday? If not there's still plenty of rooms left so I wouldn't worry too much.

Chris :smile:
Original post by Abbie11
Hi Chris,

Got a conditonal offer for Psychology but it will be changed to unconditional if I firm it, which i've literally just done but it is still saying my offer is conditional, was just wondering if I need to contact UCAS or NTU, if so who do i contact ?

Abbie

Hi Abbie

Apologies for the slow response!

Has your offer changet to unconditional yet? If not- give our admissions team a call on +44(0)115 848 4200 and they'll be able to help out :smile:

Chris
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Chris

I’ve got an unconditional offer to start zoo biology in September. I’m coming to the open day at Brack on 24th March but I have only booked for 2 people to come with me but I would like to add an additional person and I was just wondering who I would contact to do that?

Thank you! 🙂
Original post by Emma_Mcfly_Hope
Hi Chris

I’ve got an unconditional offer to start zoo biology in September. I’m coming to the open day at Brack on 24th March but I have only booked for 2 people to come with me but I would like to add an additional person and I was just wondering who I would contact to do that?

Thank you! 🙂

Hi Emma

Great to hear you are coming to visit in March, we look forward to seeing you!

It's not a problem if you have an extra guest coming, as long as you have registered yourself then that's the most important thing - we only ask how many guests are coming so we have a rough idea of how many people will be on campus :smile:

Chris
Hi Emma

Great to hear you are coming to visit in March, we look forward to seeing you!

It's not a problem if you have an extra guest coming, as long as you have registered yourself then that's the most important thing - we only ask how many guests are coming so we have a rough idea of how many people will be on campus :smile:

Chris

Hi Chris

Great thank you for your help!
Course: English, communication and society.

Conditional/Unconditional?: unconditional

Any questions for Chris?:
Hi. I just received my offer and I’m wondering if there are any other options other than halls. I’ve done the halls thing when I did a different course at Leeds uni but left as it wasn’t for me. I’m looking into halls but I don’t know if I’d feel out of place being 22 when I start.
Appreciate any suggestions 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Beth.b21
Course: English, communication and society.

Conditional/Unconditional?: unconditional

Any questions for Chris?:
Hi. I just received my offer and I’m wondering if there are any other options other than halls. I’ve done the halls thing when I did a different course at Leeds uni but left as it wasn’t for me. I’m looking into halls but I don’t know if I’d feel out of place being 22 when I start.
Appreciate any suggestions 😊

Hi Beth

Massive congrats on your offer!

You definitely won't feel out of place in halls, we have dedicated blocks in the majority of our residences for mature (21+) / postgraduate students. If you take a look on our accommodation page, there's a filter for 'Suitable for mature students' :smile:

There are private options such as private halls or student houses (Unipol is a good place to look) but the disadvantage with private is that you won't be able to garauntee living with fellow mature students.

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you have any questions!

Chris
Course: Law LLB
Unconditional. Already firmed!
Have you been involved with any uni societies? I’d be interested to get involved when I get shipped off to Trent! :biggrin:
Original post by DoctorDan
Course: Law LLB
Unconditional. Already firmed!
Have you been involved with any uni societies? I’d be interested to get involved when I get shipped off to Trent! :biggrin:

Hi DoctorDan!

We have loads of societies on offer at NTU - from sport to cocktail making, whatever your passion/ hobby is or if you want to try something new then there's something for eveyone.

You can check out all of the societies and sports clubs on our website :smile:

Chris
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: Fashion marketing & branding
Conditional/unconditional: conditional & firmed today
Questions: I'm waiting on my conformation email to let me know that I can book my accommodation, but I visited the open day today & Gill street south is already fully booked. Does GSN or Byron still have quite a few rooms left?
Original post by Sophieelizax
Course: Fashion marketing & branding
Conditional/unconditional: conditional & firmed today
Questions: I'm waiting on my conformation email to let me know that I can book my accommodation, but I visited the open day today & Gill street south is already fully booked. Does GSN or Byron still have quite a few rooms left?

Hi Sophie

I hope you enjoyed our open day!

Gill Street North and Byron do still have rooms available, I don't have an exact figure to how many are available but this will show when you go into the accommodation booking system :smile:

Chris
Course:h:ealth and Social Care
Conditional offer
I’ve applied for the 3rd floor of the Gill street north building? I’m just wondering if I’ll be as lively as the other floors or am I able to change even though I’ve put a deposit down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending