The Student Room Group

ENGAA

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/engaa_s1_question_paper_2016.pdf

Hi, im struggling to do question 51- I have tried drawing it (have a horizontal parabola) and a straight line but where do i go from there?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bruh2132
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/engaa_s1_question_paper_2016.pdf

Hi, im struggling to do question 51- I have tried drawing it (have a horizontal parabola) and a straight line but where do i go from there?

I also dont know how to do question 53 if anyone can help
For 53. Search for Descartes rule of signs
Reply 3
Original post by yukeming
For 53. Search for Descartes rule of signs

just looked it up but I only see two change of signs in the polynomial? maybe I dont get it

bump
(edited 6 years ago)
Bro question 51 or 53 the area under graph is ****ed up. U equate both function to find out the intersection is at y equal 0 and 2. Then u realize the x equals 7 is always bigger than the other function . So integrate 7 minus the other function from y equals 2 to y equals 0. That question cannot be done in 90 seconds . Don't bother
Reply 5
Bro question 51 or 53 the area under graph is ****ed up. U equate both function to find out the intersection is at y equal 0 and 2. Then u realize the x equals 7 is always bigger than the other function . So integrate 7 minus the other function from y equals 2 to y equals 0. That question cannot be done in 90 seconds . Don't bother

yup I hardly get it and tbh yh timing is so messed up I don't get how anyone could finish the test, Im just aiming for 50% now if im lucky
yup I hardly get it and tbh yh timing is so messed up I don't get how anyone could finish the test, Im just aiming for 50% now if im lucky

Bruh can u tell me why spring 3 is the answer to "
which sample does not obey hooke's law up to 2 percent strain"
Reply 7
Bruh can u tell me why spring 3 is the answer to "
which sample does not obey hooke's law up to 2 percent strain"

what question?
what question?

2016 section 2 question 1
Reply 9
2016 section 2 question 1

well basically I did x/(delta)x= 2% = 0.02
since x= 100mm you can work out (delta) x and from there you can look at the graph at that extension and see which isn't a straight line
well basically I did x/(delta)x= 2% = 0.02
since x= 100mm you can work out (delta) x and from there you can look at the graph at that extension and see which isn't a straight line

I thought strain is equals to Delta x/ x?
Reply 11
I thought strain is equals to Delta x/ x?

yh sorry my mistake, it is deltax/ x and if you do it you actually get an extension of 2mm and if you look on the graph S2 is curved there

Quick Reply

Latest