Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do a masters degree in biology. Is it possible to do this, or would I need a biology degree?

ReputationRep:
    Look at courses and see what their requirements are. Some will want a more biology-related degree but I imagine some will accept other science degrees.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Check entry requirements online. If they're not specific enough contact the PG admissions people and ask. My first thought was that you'd need something a bit more biology-related but I may well be wrong. Are you doing any astrobiology modules? What are you hoping to do after uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Check entry requirements online. If they're not specific enough contact the PG admissions people and ask. My first thought was that you'd need something a bit more biology-related but I may well be wrong. Are you doing any astrobiology modules? What are you hoping to do after uni?

I'm doing lots of astrobiology as a part of my degree (20% of my whole degree) and I want to go into astrobiology in research. I feel like a masters in biology will be far more beneficial to this.

I'll have a look at some requirements, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigel)
    I'm doing lots of astrobiology as a part of my degree (20% of my whole degree) and I want to go into astrobiology in research. I feel like a masters in biology will be far more beneficial to this.

I'll have a look at some requirements, thanks
    In that case it may be that you don't need to do a 'pure' biology masters. It might be worth approaching the research unis/organisations you hope to work at, explaining your background and seeing what they suggest. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    In that case it may be that you don't need to do a 'pure' biology masters. It might be worth approaching the research unis/organisations you hope to work at, explaining your background and seeing what they suggest. Good luck!
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.