How to prepare for Westminster School 16+ entrancing exam? Watch

Cicimingxinli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys.
I come from China and planing to take an entrancing exam in Westminster School this Saturday. But I have no idea what should I prepare for the exam>_<

I’m going to do maths, economics, physics and biology. Anyone have any tips about how to revises and what exam board they are using? And anyone going to do the same subject as me?

I’m so nervous (。ì _ í。)

Thank you very much!
Cici xx
KawaiiCupcake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! Sorry you didn't get any replies, and sorry I'm so late to this. You couldn't really prepare for the entrance exams anyway, it's all applied knowledge. I did the same as you, except chemistry instead of economics, and I'm through to interviews now (so nervous!). But how did ur exams go???
Cicimingxinli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Congratulations! I didn’t get the chance for interview. Good luck!! Tell me the result when you get back!!! So happy to see you!!
lauren_1210
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KawaiiCupcake)
Hey! Sorry you didn't get any replies, and sorry I'm so late to this. You couldn't really prepare for the entrance exams anyway, it's all applied knowledge. I did the same as you, except chemistry instead of economics, and I'm through to interviews now (so nervous!). But how did ur exams go???
Hi!
How was the biology, math, and physics exam? Was it hard? Do you get to know how many you got right and wrong? What kind of questions do they ask you?
KawaiiCupcake
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lauren_1210)
Hi!
How was the biology, math, and physics exam? Was it hard? Do you get to know how many you got right and wrong? What kind of questions do they ask you?
I guess with good revision, it's not too bad. The interviews etc. are not really about your exam, it's just about general knowledge from there. But physics was the most difficult for me personally because it wasn't just about memorising content, but applying it to maths and all sorts of contexts and situations. Maths, I never really know what to say because maths could be anything, so I guess... just practice papers meant I was quite well prepared. Biology, unlike physics, was more ccontext based, so it was easy to figure out from that. Hope this helps!
Sue9446
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I guess with good revision, it's not too bad. The interviews etc. are not really about your exam, it's just about general knowledge from there. But physics was the most difficult for me personally because it wasn't just about memorising content, but applying it to maths and all sorts of contexts and situations. Maths, I never really know what to say because maths could be anything, so I guess... just practice papers meant I was quite well prepared. Biology, unlike physics, was more ccontext based, so it was easy to figure out from that. Hope this helps!
What practise papers did you use to revise?!!!
Sue-DeNimes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sue9446)
What practise papers did you use to revise?!!!
I couldn’t find past papers anywhere!! The only thing they offer are the past papers from The Challenge
SummerHaze106
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Cicimingxinli)
Hi guys.
I come from China and planing to take an entrancing exam in Westminster School this Saturday. But I have no idea what should I prepare for the exam>_<

I’m going to do maths, economics, physics and biology. Anyone have any tips about how to revises and what exam board they are using? And anyone going to do the same subject as me?

I’m so nervous (。ì _ í。)

Thank you very much!
Cici xx
Hey how was math and econs like?
SummerHaze106
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey how was math asnd econs like?
Jacqueline G
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have applied for Westminster sixth form entry next September 2020 and have chosen to sit the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths papers. The exams are coming next weekend, would anyone know how hard are these papers are? I mean I know they are definitely harder than the GCSE level but can you give some more specific examples eg is how many UKMT maths type of questions on the Maths paper? I am worried about the Physics paper the most.
KawaiiCupcake
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by SummerHaze106)
hey how was math asnd econs like?
I didn't do econ, but the maths is fine. I don't completely remember specifics but the exams are definitely based on GCSE knowledge, you just needm to be quick at adapting it to the questions they give you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?