Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wired or wireless headphones? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    What do you use? I keep twitching at buying some wireless ones but am not sure if they would be good...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have wireless for everyday use, wireless bone conducting for running (meaning I can hear traffic) and a pair of wireless noise cancelling.

ReputationRep:
    More high end devices are getting rid of the 3.5mm plug, not going to have a choice soon...

ReputationRep:
    Wireless. Just more convenient and easier to maintain since you don't have to worry about the cable being broken.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I have wireless for everyday use, wireless bone conducting for running (meaning I can hear traffic) and a pair of wireless noise cancelling.
    Ah interesting. What models do you use? How are the bone ones? Would they not work for all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okayjenn)
    Wireless. Just more convenient and easier to maintain since you don't have to worry about the cable being broken.
    Until the battery runs out...or like mine this morning, they decide to stop pairing.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisN)
    Ah interesting. What models do you use? How are the bone ones? Would they not work for all the time?
    Everyday pair are Sony, Bone Conducting are Aftershokz, which are ok. But you have to use bluetooth, which drains my ipod battery a lot. My noise cancelling ones are Bose. I have the ones where you can change the amount of noise you can hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Until the battery runs out...or like mine this morning, they decide to stop pairing.
    True!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wireless. Better for running, less risk of them breaking and no need to constantly detangle them.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be the only one here, but I actually don't like wireless ones. Having to remember to charge them and the trouble with connecting them to every device you use, it's just easier to use wired for me. However, I've only tried wireless once and so that could be why.

ReputationRep:
    Wireless are better, even if your phone has an audio jack, but companies like Apple are making adapters to plug your headphones into the charger port of the phone, the only trouble with this is you can't privately listen to something and charge your phone at the same time

ReputationRep:
    My Beats Solo 3 (wireless) battery lasts for 2 months literally...worth every penny.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What do you use? I keep twitching at buying some wireless ones but am not sure if they would be good...
    I use the Apple ones (supplied with the iPhone 5 and above), their sound quality is amazing! I'm on my 3rd pair though as they do tend to break easily
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Technology and computers. :awesome:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I use the steel series siberia 800 gaming headphones which are wireless, best headphones I've ever used and worth every penny of the £250 I paid for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    I use the Apple ones they're amazing! I'm on my 3rd pair though as they do tend to break easily
    Forgive the pedantry, but bold bit number 2 would tend to make bold bit number 1 untrue in my book.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Forgive the pedantry, but bold bit number 2 would tend to make bold bit number 1 untrue in my book.
    I meant sound quality :lol: I have edited the post

ReputationRep:
    Get wireless ones with an optional cable. Best of both worlds.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    wired earphones for out and about, wireless headphones for the computer at home. No interest in headphones in public and wireless earphones strike me as too easy to lose and not worth the money

ReputationRep:
    I love my wireless headphones. I wasn't sure about them either but I got some for my birthday this year and since then I can't do without them. 😂

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.