Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering studying at Leicester next year, but I had a nightmare on the open day - stuck in traffic and missed my train so I couldn't make it! Any other course and I'd just rule the uni out altogether, but it does look *really* good.
    If anyone goes there can you give me an idea about accommodation? What's my best bet in terms of halls, and how far is it walking from dorms to classes (I'm aiming to do english if that makes a difference)?
    I tried using the website but it was kind of vague and I figure it's not going to say if any of the dorms look good on paper, but aren't great IRL.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

So sorry you couldn't make our Open Day!

Our Student Village accommodation in Oadby is about a 40 minute walk from campus, or a 20 minute bus ride (buses come every 10 minutes). Our City Living accommodation is about a 5 minute walk away.

Our accommodation VR and Flickr may help you to figure out what the rooms look like, or even looking on Google Streetview.

Hope this helps!
    Jai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaliaevelyn)
    I'm considering studying at Leicester next year, but I had a nightmare on the open day - stuck in traffic and missed my train so I couldn't make it! Any other course and I'd just rule the uni out altogether, but it does look *really* good.
    If anyone goes there can you give me an idea about accommodation? What's my best bet in terms of halls, and how far is it walking from dorms to classes (I'm aiming to do english if that makes a difference)?
    I tried using the website but it was kind of vague and I figure it's not going to say if any of the dorms look good on paper, but aren't great IRL.
    The student village is really nice (Oadby). I know as my brother is studying at Leicester. Just make sure you snap up your accommodation quickly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2017

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.