Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was just wondering if anyone knows information about wherever a non student can live in student housing e.g shared house/ studio/ flat etc. To explain better, I am in my Foundation year and looking to move out of halls and into accommodation for my first year but my boyfriend (who’s already graduated) is thinking of moving in with me too. Does anyone know general landlords views on this or the council tax restrictions? Any help is very appreciated!

    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    I'm not an expert but I don't like leaving posts unanswered so I'll try my best to be helpful.

    I would assume that as long as his name is on the agreement or whatever and he contributes to rent and the landlord has agreed to him living there legally, there shouldn't be a problem. To the landlord, surely he would just be another tenant in the house.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.