Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks,

I couldn't find a similar thread so thought I'd start one up. I'm currently applying to do a PGCE Primary at UCL IOE for 2018 entry; is anyone else doing the same?

Also, advice would be welcomed: I know that the IOE doesn't require applicants to have school experience before interview (additionally, some of the School Direct Alliances don't either). However, I'm torn between completing my UCAS application ASAP so as to not miss out on a place, or waiting to do a week's experience in a school (which I won't be able to complete until the end of November, due to work).

Better to wait until I've had a week's experience so my application is stronger, or apply sharpish so places don't get filled?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be better to get some school experience before applying! That way you can say a little bit about it in your personal statement and the admissions team will be assured that you know you definitely want to get into teaching. That's what I've done at least - I just completed 5 days of school experience and hope to submit my application by this week! All the best with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meow95)
    I think it would be better to get some school experience before applying! That way you can say a little bit about it in your personal statement and the admissions team will be assured that you know you definitely want to get into teaching. That's what I've done at least - I just completed 5 days of school experience and hope to submit my application by this week! All the best with your application
    Thanks, I agree! I've managed to secure a week in a school next week, which I'm super excited about, and then I can add the experience to my personal statement

How was your school experience? All the best with yours too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.