Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am a student currently in Year 10 and am extremely nervous for the GSCES. I am hoping for 10 7-9 grades but to be honest, I don’t think I can do that well. My predicted grade is an 8 for everything and at the moment my grades look like this.

English-8
    French-8
    History-7
    Maths-6
    Art-6
    Science-3
    (I haven’t done a test for Business studies yet)

How do I improve my grades in a short amount of time? Art is something that I can work on, my teacher said that she was disappointed with me as I could’ve gotten an 8 if it weren’t for my slow pace at working.

However, science is something I consistently do horrible in. Due to my expected grade of an 8 and SATS result (5), I got in Triple Science, so I have to do a lot better at that. Same with maths.

Can you guys help me by giving me some tips to revise?

ReputationRep:
    Why? You have one and a half years, which is no short length of time.

ReputationRep:
    You have lots of time!! My sister is also in year 10 and she’s been getting far worse grades than you. I wouldn’t worry much if I were you. Maybe for like science you can make flashcards and go over some every night? Or try the specimen papers for the new exam your going to be doing? Or go through the specification. Theres youtubers you may or may not know such as primrose kitten and freesciencelessons who are very popular who are very helpful and have updated videos. Eg, primrose kitten has a free revision guide she has published for Edexcel and AQA and it goes though everything from the specification broken down into videos and worksheets and lots of questions.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't cram revise it means that you don't take it all in. Also when it gets to Year 11, start revising early so you can revise all of it.

ReputationRep:
    Exam papers lots of do every exam paper physically possible for science it helps loads that’s how I got an A* in my physics and I was useless at it at the start of year 11 at got a D in my first mock
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if you are a slow pace worker I suggest do work now, make those flashcards, look at some utube vids on how people use flashcards to learn stuff of , use colours, make some posters (not too much) + colour, summarise after each lesson. I really advise you do this for science and maths, since they are the weakest, and you can sort of commit time to other subjects when u r nearing exam time!
    freesciencelessons, primrosekitten, are good for gcse science. for maths i don't have anyone but do past paper questions do hard and easy ones, print out lots of past papers churchill maths past paper are good for new gcse maths my school used it and I got an 8 in maths.
    for art , I did gcse art and A* in it so its possible, for art i believe its the quality of work and the wide range of media you use. i did edexcel art, and for my final piece i used acrylic. finally good luck! you seem like a conscientious person so if u don't want to be disappointed at the end I hope you really go for it. I'm not saying do hard core revision now just prepare yourself by doing the above because when ur friends will be stressing u won't be staying up till 2am making revision cards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icypricy)
    You have lots of time!! My sister is also in year 10 and she’s been getting far worse grades than you. I wouldn’t worry much if I were you. Maybe for like science you can make flashcards and go over some every night? Or try the specimen papers for the new exam your going to be doing? Or go through the specification. Theres youtubers you may or may not know such as primrose kitten and freesciencelessons who are very popular who are very helpful and have updated videos. Eg, primrose kitten has a free revision guide she has published for Edexcel and AQA and it goes though everything from the specification broken down into videos and worksheets and lots of questions.
    Thank you! This was really helpful, I’ll check that youtuber out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.