Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Relationship with someone you're not sexually attracted to? Watch

My boyfriend and I split up amicably a few months ago due to outside factors but are now looking to give things another shot. I adore him. Often I think a good test is, if they suddenly had to be in a wheelchair etc would you stay with them and I definitely would.

Don't get me wrong I find him attractive. But in bed with him, I don't really get turned on by him. He has a nice body etc so I don't get it. But the thought of being sexual with him doesn't excite me sexually, it's more that I enjoy the emotional connection we have in the moment.
    I don't know if this is just because I'm too comfortable with him that I don't have those animalistic sexual desires that I have with boys I find hot but don't know deep down.

Do you think this sounds like the kind of relationship that ultimately won't go very far if he is unable to please me sexually. Sex isn't actually a big thing for me but maybe it's because I've never had good sex I don't know what I'm missing. Has he just turned into a best friend that I enjoy kissing?

If you want more in the bedroom, have you thought about exploration and trying new things? You could mention things that you want to try and it can bring you closer together. If everything else is right in your relationship, you only need to concentrate on your sexual relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.