The test is coming up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by T.S.
The test is coming up.

Good luck!

BTW - the Cambridge applicants thread is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165

(All courses, not just Engineering :wink: )
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Good luck!

BTW - the Cambridge applicants thread is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165

(All courses, not just Engineering :wink: )

Thank you :biggrin:
Is it okay to use this thread as well, specifically for engineering applicants?
Reply 3
Original post by T.S.
The test is coming up.

still confused on a few questions from last years paper:L
Reply 4
Original post by T.S.
Thank you :biggrin:
Is it okay to use this thread as well, specifically for engineering applicants?

I'll move it to the University of Cambridge forum. It's more relevant to have uni/course-specific threads in the uni forum.
Reply 5
Original post by Doonesbury
I'll move it to the University of Cambridge forum. It's more relevant to have uni/course-specific threads in the uni forum.

Thanks for that.
Reply 6
Original post by bruh2132
still confused on a few questions from last years paper:L

There are a lot of tough questions, for me the hardest thing to get right is the timing.
Reply 7
Original post by T.S.
There are a lot of tough questions, for me the hardest thing to get right is the timing.

yh same timing for section one is really hard
I got roughly 70 to 75 percent right. I mean. The test is really hard despite knowing all my stuff. Section two the last question I completely flunked part c and d.
Good luck guys
The timing for section 1 is what gets to me aswell
Does anyone know any good resources I can use today for section 1 or 2 questions.
Original post by rexs2000
Good luck guys
Does anyone know any good resources I can use today for section 1 or 2 questions.

for section one, the pre u physics paper one is quite similar, it's all multiple choice
Reply 11
Good luck guys

I’ve been using mainly PAT papers (although they only have a bit of multiple choice) and some past A-level physics papers (just the multiple choice sections).
Original post by T.S.
I’ve been using mainly PAT papers (although they only have a bit of multiple choice) and some past A-level physics papers (just the multiple choice sections).

Having looked at the actual ENGAA. I would say that alevel and Pat papers are pretty useless. ENGAA is about speed and the willingness to skip if you find the question not worth the time.
Reply 13
Original post by yukeming
Having looked at the actual ENGAA. I would say that alevel and Pat papers are pretty useless. ENGAA is about speed and the willingness to skip if you find the question not worth the time.

In terms of practising knowledge, they are good, but I agree for the style of the paper, there’s not much else we can do. Someone said to me as well it’s about knowing when you’re beaten by a question.
I got roughly 70 to 75 percent right. I mean. The test is really hard despite knowing all my stuff. Section two the last question I completely flunked part c and d.

It's so annoying because the big problem is timing - I did last year's papers yesterday and did better in paper 2 than paper 1! paper 1 i completely messed up but did it today again under timed conditions and somehow got 92% and paper two I got about 73% didn't have time to finish the last few parts. But I continued to attempt all of them in paper two and got all of them correct lol.

Timing is the biggest enemy in this test, not the actual content lol which is quite annoying.
doing a secund time doesn't count.. I got 100 percent on both papers in timed conditions on second try.. unfamiliarity is key. all the best. the assessment is supposed to stress test the applicants. don't worry about it too much.. the median score for offer holders remains to be 6.0
(edited 6 years ago)
doing a secund time doesn't count.. I got 100 percent on both papers in timed conditions on second try.. unfamiliarity is key. all the best. the assessment is supposed to stress test the applicants. don't worry about it too much.. the median score for offer holders remains to be 6.0

what do you mean by 6.0
60% marks?
what do you me than by 6.0
60% marks?

no. the paper is marked out of 9.0 with 4.0 being the median. it's not marked based on raw marks
no. the paper is marked out of 9.0 with 4.0 being the median. it's not marked based on raw marks

Have you got a link to this information
Have you got a link to this information

I do but I'm just too lazy to find it. Go search for ENGAA statistics whatdotheyknow. Also the info is readily available in the Peterhouse Christ q&a thread. The Christ admission tutor said it himself.It's just very tedious to find it.

Quick Reply

Latest