Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which place for Music (not Music study),which university? Plz help me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Plz help me,I want to become an English s8nger songwriter,so I should migrate to another country for networking and for fanbase.I want a university which is in an English speaking country where I can get discovered (not for Music degree for other courses like ENGINEERING) I can’t afford much.Please help me

ReputationRep:
    Usually costs £17,000 a year in the UK so that's 1,458,277.00 rupees a year in tuition fees alone!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Realistically in the UK, London, Birmingham and Manchester will be the most realistic places where you will find people who can "discover" you as these are the biggest cities, but I will tell you this advice now: expect to fail. There is almost no chance that you will get famous, and if you chose your university on the assumption that going there will make you famous, rather than because you enjoy the university experience there, then you will have a very bad time.

But really, social media is the way forward for getting well known. Oh, and tapping into what is profitable at the moment and being physically attractive. It's not about being a good musician, simply being a marketable one.

ReputationRep:
    Then what should I do now? How about Canada
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rave.N)
    Then what should I do now? How about Canada
    Pick a university based on the course and where you will enjoy living.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.