Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to what grades most Cam students have. I'm in AS now and got 2 As, 7 Bs and 1 C, I expected higher but things out of my control affected my grades. I want to apply to Cambridge next Summer but my college has told me that I won't even be considered with those GCSE results. Grateful for all replies 😊 x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A*s, 4As and 3 Bs.
    What exactly caused your results to be low, and how was that result set compared to the rest of your yeargroup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    I got 4A*s, 4As and 3 Bs.
    What exactly caused your results to be low, and how was that result set compared to the rest of your yeargroup?
    What do you study and what were your AS grades/ A level predicctions?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you do at Cambridge. I know some guy that does psychology at Cambridge who passed English and maths with a B and got 3 C’s and failed the rest of his GCSE’s

ReputationRep:
    my grades for some subjects came back lower than expected because my coursework wasn't taught or marked properly by teachers so my grades were brought down by that.
    I'm doing English Lit, History and Spanish A-levels. I don't know my predicted grades yet but I've been told I shoukd be aiming for 3 As in my AS exams. English Lit and History were my highest GCSE grades btw x
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicepatching)
    I'm curious as to what grades most Cam students have. I'm in AS now and got 2 As, 7 Bs and 1 C, I expected higher but things out of my control affected my grades. I want to apply to Cambridge next Summer but my college has told me that I won't even be considered with those GCSE results. Grateful for all replies 😊 x
    my grades for some subjects came back lower than expected because my coursework wasn't taught or marked properly by teachers so my grades were brought down by that.
    I'm doing English Lit, History and Spanish A-levels. I don't know my predicted grades yet but I've been told I shoukd be aiming for 3 As in my AS exams. English Lit and History were my highest GCSE grades btw x
    Your college is wrong.

GCSEs aren't that important for Cambridge and are primarlily used within the context of your school. So if your GCSEs are relatively good compared to the average in your school that can be a "good thing" even if the grades don't appear so great.

Which course are you considering at Cambridge? What A-levels are you taking, and will you be doing AS-level exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Your college is wrong.

GCSEs aren't that important for Cambridge and are primarlily used within the context of your school. So if your GCSEs are relatively good compared to the average in your school that can be a "good thing" even if the grades don't appear so great.

Which course are you considering at Cambridge? What A-levels are you taking, and will you be doing AS-level exams?
    My school was in special measures for the majority of my time there so it wasn't incredible by any means😅 I am doing AS exams this year in English Lit, History and Spanish and I'd like to do a law degree at Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icypricy)
    Depends what you do at Cambridge. I know some guy that does psychology at Cambridge who passed English and maths with a B and got 3 C’s and failed the rest of his GCSE’s
    are you talking about Ibz Mo? x

ReputationRep:
    are you talking about Ibz Mo? x
    No one of my family friends. But ibz mo got grades similar so there’s another example 😂😂
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    My school was in special measures for the majority of my time there so it wasn't incredible by any means😅 I am doing AS exams this year in English Lit, History and Spanish and I'd like to do a law degree at Cambridge
    Being at a "bad" school will be in your favour.

It's definitely a good idea for you to sit the AS exams as they will (hopefully) show an "upward academic trajectory" which will be much more important than your GCSEs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.