Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attachment 700210
    The teeth on the left are my teeth.

Basically a few years ago when i was younger I fell off my bike and chipped my front tooth as you can see, I got a crown but it seems to have come off. The tooth that is chipped looks crooked too so I'd like the bottom smoothed out, the tooth straightened and then I'd like both front teeth filed back so that they line up with the other teeth as I think they appear to be too long.

I also have overbite as I used to suck my thumb as a child, I need my upper jaw pushed back.

As with the photo on the right, you can see that his smile is wider than mine whereas my teeth look as though they're in the middle of my mouth. How can this be fixed?

How long do you think it will be before I can have teeth like how?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is not an easy problem which anyone can talk one or two things to solve it. Probably you should ask professional dentist. Haha, maybe some of dentists

ReputationRep:
    Did you wear braces?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by VirgoStrain)
    Did you wear braces?
    no I have never worn braces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no I have never worn braces
    Then see if you can. Of course your teeth will stick out if there’s nothing to slowly push them back in.

ReputationRep:
    Then see if you can. Of course your teeth will stick out if there’s nothing to slowly push them back in.
    I am. i hope I can get my teeth to look like the pair in the picture beside mine, do you think they could? I feel so insecure with my teeth and i just hope they can fix them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple2017)
    I am. i hope I can get my teeth to look like the pair in the picture beside mine, do you think they could? I feel so insecure with my teeth and i just hope they can fix them
    Yes you could, braces work extremely well. Can I ask how old you are right now?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you could, braces work very well you know. Can I ask how old you are right now?
    yep I am 16

ReputationRep:
    Maybe visit a dentist? they are going to be much more knowledgeable in this area and will be able to answer all your questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple2017)
    yep I am 16
    Perfect. I am also 16 and started wearing braces at the start of this year (I was also 16 in January). (I’m an wearing braces on the inside of my teeth which would normally cost £5k but I managed to get for free at my aunt’s clinic.)

Don’t waste time! Ask your parents about it and see when you can get braces fitted. You don’t want to still be wearing them when you go to uni, because regular checkups will be super annoying and inconvenient.

ReputationRep:
    Perfect. I am also 16 and started wearing braces at the start of this year (I was also 16 in January). I’m an wearing braces on the inside of my teeth which would normally cost £5k+ but I managed to get for free at my aunt’s clinic.

Don’t waste time! Ask your parents about it and see when you can get braces fitted. You don’t want to still be wearing them when you go to uni, because regular checkups will be super annoying and inconvenient.
    absolutely, I just want it to be sorted quick, if only I was rich and i could afford to get invisalign lol. I'm due at the dentist next week so I really do hope I'm referred to orthodontist pretty quickly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.