The Student Room Group

Re-applying to university

I have previously completed a foundation degree which was NHS funded with a bursary. I have now been working full time for the past 3 years and currently live in a rented property. I would like a career change and I would like to re-apply to complete a full time undergraduate degree in Veterinary Nursing, however, this would require me to leave my current employment/salary and become a full time student again. I am concerned about how I will financially manage this and so would really appreciate any advice about what finance is available for my circumstances/what I would be eligible to apply for?
Thanks in advance, Naomi
Original post by NaomiN
I have previously completed a foundation degree which was NHS funded with a bursary. I have now been working full time for the past 3 years and currently live in a rented property. I would like a career change and I would like to re-apply to complete a full time undergraduate degree in Veterinary Nursing, however, this would require me to leave my current employment/salary and become a full time student again. I am concerned about how I will financially manage this and so would really appreciate any advice about what finance is available for my circumstances/what I would be eligible to apply for?
Thanks in advance, Naomi

Hi NaomiN,

What we would advise you to do it get all the course details and contacts us so that we can check to see if the course is an exception course and eligible for funding.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks

Katie
Reply 2
Ok, I have not yet applied for a course, but I can find course details for one I am considering applying for. What is an exception course?

Naomi
Original post by NaomiN
Ok, I have not yet applied for a course, but I can find course details for one I am considering applying for. What is an exception course?

Naomi

Hi NaomiN,

Exception courses are a list of courses that we have that we don't take previous study into consideration.

Thanks

Katie
Reply 4
Ok thanks. If the course isn’t an exception course then would my previous study be considered even though it was NHS funded and haven’t previously received a student loan?

Naomi
Original post by NaomiN
Ok thanks. If the course isn’t an exception course then would my previous study be considered even though it was NHS funded and haven’t previously received a student loan?

Naomi

Hi NaomiN;

If the course is not classed as an exception course, then you wouldn't get funding as you already hold a qualification even if you haven't applied for funding.

Thanks

Katie
Reply 6
Ok. Below are the course details which I would like to apply, is this an exception course?

FdSc Veterinary Nursing at Nottingham Trent University. UCAS code: D312 Institution code: N91

Thanks, Naomi
Original post by NaomiN
Ok. Below are the course details which I would like to apply, is this an exception course?

FdSc Veterinary Nursing at Nottingham Trent University. UCAS code: D312 Institution code: N91

Thanks, Naomi

Hi NaomiN,

After checking our course management system this has been classed as an exception course and will be fully funded.

Thanks

Katie
Reply 8
That’s great to hear, thankyou for checking this. In that case how do I apply for student finance? Do I need to apply for a course before I can apply for student finance?

Naomi
Original post by NaomiN
That’s great to hear, thankyou for checking this. In that case how do I apply for student finance? Do I need to apply for a course before I can apply for student finance?

Naomi

Hi NaomiN,

You can apply for student finance by using the link below.

http://bit.ly/PUrE0z

Thanks

Katie
Reply 10
That’s great, thankyou for your help!

Naomi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending