The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner
We all need a PQ in our lives.

:s-smilie:. How am I off for suggesting using bleach regardless if the technicalities. It's not like I suggested the most outrageous thing to wash clothes with. op even said the detergent doesn't work.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Paracosm
This is really quite bad. Bin them. They're not going to be salvageable.

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through a difficult time. Have you considered seeking professional help or support? You can always speak to your GP, or if you don't feel comfortable with that you could try speaking with the Samaritans or potentially Nightline.

Please ensure you change your sheets at least every two weeks and consider airing out, scrubbing and/or treating your mattress also. Make sure you're using a mattress protector as well as sheets. Please try your best not to forget as it is important not just for the sake of personal hygiene but for the benefit of your physical and mental health.
Did you not read the OP? They haven't been down with depression, they simply didn't get round to it/couldn't be arsed.
Original post by Tootles
Did you not read the OP? They haven't been down with depression, they simply didn't get round to it/couldn't be arsed.

My comprehension is fine, thank you though.

Original post by The OP states
and I've been going through a bit of a breakdown and losing track of time which is why it's not got done
You might as well might it 1 year then :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Salt Queen
How am I spamming, I'm responding to someone who quoted me but all of my other comments are on topic and of the same nature as everyone else's. Finding it funny isn't spamming and you responding to what you call spamming plays against yourself really and it makes you a hypocrite lol and who knows maybe you can tweet JayZ and ask him to open a chain of launderettes. Anyway I don't even like the song it just relates to when she said "run this kingdom." ...I've even offers ways in which you can fix your bedding...

It's not the replying to the other person quoting you that's spamming, it's the dumping of the enormous image of an R&B tour poster onto a thread about laundry. I'm not just referring to this thread either, I mean generally across the site. Helpful responses appreciated.

To be honest I'd have thought some mod might have flagged it, but maybe things changed here since I last came on, the rules used to be a lot tighter in the past.

My responses were all washing related.
:s-smilie:. How am I off for suggesting using bleach regardless if the technicalities. It's not like I suggested the most outrageous thing to wash clothes with. op even said the detergent doesn't work.

No disrespect meant to you! PQ just seemed to know a lot about the mechanics of cleaning stuff is all
Original post by Clez
It's this bad - the outside bit that was tucked under the mattress is close to the original colour, the darker bit is the bit that was in the bed.

dirty sheets.jpg

the colour doesn't matter , is the fact that you slept on the same bed during 9month bruhh , it is a world of bacterias please change your bed and throw all those dirty things
Original post by Fox Corner
No disrespect meant to you! PQ just seemed to know a lot about the mechanics of cleaning stuff is all

I know how to clean toooo 😡
Original post by Clez
It's not the replying to the other person quoting you that's spamming, it's the dumping of the enormous image of an R&B tour poster onto a thread about laundry. I'm not just referring to this thread either, I mean generally across the site. Helpful responses appreciated.

To be honest I'd have thought some mod might have flagged it, but maybe things changed here since I last came on, the rules used to be a lot tighter in the past.

My responses were all washing related.

Stop arguing with me and change 👏 your 👏 sheets you still have time before launderette closes
Reply 49
Stop arguing with me and change 👏 your 👏 sheets you still have time before launderette closes

I have a washing machine/tumble drier combi in my apartment, but its been broken for the past month. Turned out it was a ball of my flatmates hair that had blocked it...

Anyway, I've got a month of regular laundry to wash before I get to the sheets, and I do have a spare set to put on the bed - I'm trying to get it all done this evening - I think I need the dirty ones gone from my room since theyre making me ill!
Original post by Clez
I have a washing machine/tumble drier combi in my apartment, but its been broken for the past month. Turned out it was a ball of my flatmates hair that had blocked it...

Anyway, I've got a month of regular laundry to wash before I get to the sheets, and I do have a spare set to put on the bed - I'm trying to get it all done this evening - I think I need the dirty ones gone from my room since theyre making me ill!

W o w
I will buy you new bed sheets if you promise to throw these away
Original post by Clez
For one reason or another, I haven't got round to changing my bed for just over 9 months - I last changed it on January 18th after I moved into a new apartment, and I am changing it again today on Halloween as it has become seasonally grim and I have some time to do it.

It wasn't a conscious decision, and I used to change it about once a month before this year. I don't know how often you are supposed to change it, but I'm fairly sure 9 months is a bit long. I kept being very busy and just coming in from work and crashing.

It's only been me sleeping in it, and I've been going through a bit of a breakdown and losing track of time which is why it's not got done, but the sheet I last put on it was a brilliant white and now it is beige going green.

How bad is this?

Should I wash the sheets or bin them?

Bin them.

I recently bought some new bedding (saves on me having to wash and also tumble dry every week) and to be honest, it isn't cheap (coming from a student)

You can get two pillowcases, a duvet cover and a fitted sheet (all double, Argos branded) for about 17 pounds.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
the colour doesn't matter , is the fact that you slept on the same bed during 9month bruhh , it is a world of bacterias please change your bed and throw all those dirty things

Yeah, I've changed the bedsheets now, changed pyjamas, and i got some new pillows a few days ago.

My other flatmate (not the one whose hair broke the washing machine) just came back and started gasping and shouting when he saw them.
Gosh! I get worried if I leave mine for longer than a week....
Reply 55
Original post by Tootles

Actually I have suffered from depression for the past 12 years - it may have been a cause in part, but mainly other things, tiredness, apathy and having a busy, stressful life.
Damn chuck the **** away
Reply 57
....Throw the bedding away...and the mattress xD
Clean bedsheets after even 3 weeks is like a revelation.

Clean bedsheets after 9 months will be a skingasm.

I'm not sure how salvageable those old sheets will be, but it's worth a go. 60C wash, plenty of detergent.
Reply 59
Original post by Avaia
....Throw the bedding away...and the mattress xD

Can't afford to buy a new mattress and it came with the apartment anyway.

I'm going to try to clean it first as it will save money, but it's taking a while to get through the laundry as my washing machine takes between 3 and 9 hours to do a cycle.

Latest

Trending

Trending