Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I haven't changed my bed for 9 months, how bad is this? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    literally looks like you've pissed the bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    Can't afford to buy a new mattress and it came with the apartment anyway.

I'm going to try to clean it first as it will save money, but it's taking a while to get through the laundry as my washing machine takes between 3 and 9 hours to do a cycle.

In all seriousness, after you've tried washing them you find that you do need new sheets and the only reason you're not getting them is because of money, I will Amazon you some replacements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amibee)
    I will Amazon you some replacements.

This post alone shows how the internet can be a great place at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWater)
    This post alone shows how the internet can be a great place at times.

It's nice to be nice. Gotta help out when you can though haven't you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    For one reason or another, I haven't got round to changing my bed for just over 9 months - I last changed it on January 18th after I moved into a new apartment, and I am changing it again today on Halloween as it has become seasonally grim and I have some time to do it.

It wasn't a conscious decision, and I used to change it about once a month before this year. I don't know how often you are supposed to change it, but I'm fairly sure 9 months is a bit long. I kept being very busy and just coming in from work and crashing.

It's only been me sleeping in it, and I've been going through a bit of a breakdown and losing track of time which is why it's not got done, but the sheet I last put on it was a brilliant white and now it is beige going green.

How bad is this?

Attachment 700276

Should I wash the sheets or bin them?
    You should bin it and bin about couple of the bed sheets. You just buy about 10 bed sheets so that u can change it by using the different all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiba_Inu)
    literally looks like you've pissed the bed
    Not at all! That is just lying in it for 9 and a half months and occasionally falling asleep on/in it in work clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amibee)
    In all seriousness, after you've tried washing them you find that you do need new sheets and the only reason you're not getting them is because of money, I will Amazon you some replacements.
    Hi, I really appreciate your kindness and offer - but I will be okay, I think I got the last lot at Asda for around £30 or so - it's physically affordable - it's just I was recently made redundant at work as the company went into administration and a "friend" clumsily sabotaged an emergency job I thought I was getting.
    I also had to spend a lot on my car to get it through its MOT the last month, and had several 400 mile round trips to visit and then bury my Nan; and I have a fair amount of monthly bills and not a lot saved because of several crisis's throughout the year - so it's not that I can't afford it at all, but I'm trying to save anything where I can and where it's not an absolute emergency.

If need be I can probably borrow a sleeping bag from someone and just wash that!

I do appreciate your posts though - the world needs more people like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You dont need to bin it smh, just give it a good wash and it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    X
    Haha, dude that's awesome. It's almost like they've become cardboard.

But seriously, what's the deal with not having a working lightbulb in your room? How did you cope with not having any light?

ReputationRep:
    Omg that turned my stomach

ReputationRep:
    IMO even once a month is not enough, I wash and iron mine once a week although there are two of us and a dog who sleep in the bed every night.

I find that if you don’t keep on top of housework then everything else starts to fall apart.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Haha, dude that's awesome. It's almost like they've become cardboard.

But seriously, what's the deal with not having a working lightbulb in your room? How did you cope with not having any light?
    I started out with 4 lights in my room - main, desk, clip light that shoots up the wall by the bed and a side lamp which came with the apartment.

The clip light by the bed and the main light blew out but had really obscure bulbs I couldn't get locally and had to drive an hour away to a B&Q but either never had time or couldnt be bothered - so used the other lights until they blew too and had 2 months of complete darkness using my phone light before reaching the limit of patience and doing the B&Q drive.

By then I'd forgotten what colour the sheets were anyway - I thought they were cream so it wasnt that bad!

ReputationRep:
    A man hasn't changed his face for nine months. A man is lazy.

ReputationRep:
    that bed has seen some nightmares...

ReputationRep:
    change your nasty ass sheets bro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.