Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I've applied to Nottingham for Computer Science being predicted AAB. Their offer is AAB if you do computer science but my B being predicted is the one in Computer Science.

Is this going to hinder me? Anyone else in a similar boat and has any one got an offer for CS at Nottingham yet?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieRotten)
    Hey guys.

I've applied to Nottingham for Computer Science being predicted AAB. Their offer is AAB if you do computer science but my B being predicted is the one in Computer Science.

Is this going to hinder me? Anyone else in a similar boat and has any one got an offer for CS at Nottingham yet?
    That will depend on the exact wording of the offer- can't help without knowing that.

I'm also going to move this thread to the University of Nottingham forum

ReputationRep:
    The website just says simply AAB with an A level in CS

I'm sure UCAS said different though

ReputationRep:
    The course page does not mention specific grades for certain subjects (computer science A-level). I suppose you will just have to see how they respond to your application, unless someone here knows more about this than what is listed on their course page.

ReputationRep:
    The above comment isn't exactly relevant to the question. Although you may receive an offer, my offer was AAB with a grade A in computer science.

EDIT: Nice to see the guy deleted the comment I was referring to

ReputationRep:
    I know peeps with those predicted grades getting offers for Nottingham, Computer Science. I think it is probably down to the quality of your Personal Statement. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieRotten)
    Hey guys.

Have you received an offer from Nottingham? Or are you worried you won't get one? Those predicted grades should be fine to get you an offer

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm a retake/gap year student I held a firm offer from UON last year for econ, and was wondering if you think my chances of getting another off are lower this year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.