Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing AS Spanish, and I was wondering if anybody has any good resourced, particularly for vocab or vocab lists, and any tips they swear by to get the top grades?

ReputationRep:
    what exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordofthehumans)
    what exam board
    We're doing WJEC but the specification is the same as AQA, so we use AQA resources and content.

ReputationRep:
    Watch a lot of spanish films/series.
    Try to read some spanish books if you can.
    Have a few spanish quotes on your wall if you are studying a film or a book.
    Just read spanish news from time to time to stay updated.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtiswinter1)
    I'm currently doing AS Spanish, and I was wondering if anybody has any good resourced, particularly for vocab or vocab lists, and any tips they swear by to get the top grades?
    For grammar there is a great little book called 'An Essential Course in Modern Spanish' by H. Ramsden - well worth working through, especially for strange subjunctives and things like that.

For vocab, to be honest I didn't do that much, try to watch / listen to the news in Spanish online.

(Also make sure you prepare for the expose early in the second year, it really sneaks up on you!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wightsnowolf)
    For grammar there is a great little book called 'An Essential Course in Modern Spanish' by H. Ramsden - well worth working through, especially for strange subjunctives and things like that.

For vocab, to be honest I didn't do that much, try to watch / listen to the news in Spanish online.

(Also make sure you prepare for the expose early in the second year, it really sneaks up on you!)
    Okay thank you! I do have an AQA grammar book but I'll try that one aswell. Also, what's the expose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower ~)
    Watch a lot of spanish films/series.
    Try to read some spanish books if you can.
    Have a few spanish quotes on your wall if you are studying a film or a book.
    Just read spanish news from time to time to stay updated.

Good luck
    Okay thanks! Do you recommend any books or series?

ReputationRep:
    We're doing WJEC but the specification is the same as AQA, so we use AQA resources and content.
    i did aqa spanish as!!!! Basics there r hardly any resources online so I made full use of my aqa textbook cos it has all the content then i made these massive mindmaps which I used for oral practice so u get used to integrating facts with opinions when answering questions. Also start learning vocab early cos I didn't but I was lucky that I knew the stuff that came up. Use quizlet for vocab I made some chapters of the book into flashcards also buy Palabra por Palabra it's got snazzy phrases

ReputationRep:
    i did aqa spanish as!!!! Basics there r hardly any resources online so I made full use of my aqa textbook cos it has all the content then i made these massive mindmaps which I used for oral practice so u get used to integrating facts with opinions when answering questions. Also start learning vocab early cos I didn't but I was lucky that I knew the stuff that came up. Use quizlet for vocab I made some chapters of the book into flashcards also buy Palabra por Palabra it's got snazzy phrases
    Ooh ok thanks! I do have Palabra por Palabra and it is useful, but I find it is primarily phrases. I'll try the mindmap method! Are your quizlet flashcards public, if so what's your account?

ReputationRep:
    I just read newspaper articles that were related to the content we were doing, e.g. articles about racism when we studied it. -really good for vocab, you also see some new verbs and such
    el pais was my go-to website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    I just read newspaper articles that were related to the content we were doing, e.g. articles about racism when we studied it. -really good for vocab, you also see some new verbs and such
    el pais was my go-to website
    Okay thanks! I do have El País and it does have a lot of useful vocabulary.

ReputationRep:
    https://quizlet.com/pringlesssssss made them public and got some useful vocab if u do volver as ur film study

ReputationRep:
    https://quizlet.com/pringlesssssss made them public and got some useful vocab if u do volver as ur film study
    I study Maria Llena Eres de Gracia but I'll have a look anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you! I do have an AQA grammar book but I'll try that one aswell. Also, what's the expose?
    Ooh I just thought, you'll be on the new A level so you might not have it xD

The expose is / was a short presentation kinda thing we did as part of our oral exam, and then we had to discuss it afterwards. It was in the second year, I'm not sure if they've kept it in the new spec though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wightsnowolf)
    Ooh I just thought, you'll be on the new A level so you might not have it xD

The expose is / was a short presentation kinda thing we did as part of our oral exam, and then we had to discuss it afterwards. It was in the second year, I'm not sure if they've kept it in the new spec though...
    Oh ok, I'll find out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.