Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I’m soon signing up to one of three colleges: BHASVIC, Varndean of lewes college however you need to put on your predicted grades and for the course I want to do (physics) you need a 6/B and my predicated grade is a 5/C but I know that I can get a 6 in the actual exam so I’m wondering what I should do because I really want to do physics, Because I might not get the interview if I want to do physics and I got a 5 but I know I could easily get a 6 in the actual exam, someone please help thanks.

    At our school we can change our predicted grades by doing multiple past papers to show our teacher that we can get a better grade. I would do practise papers and essays to show you can get a 6 and talk to your physics teacher or whoever predicted you grade and ask them what you could do!
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you so much for the reply i have talked to my physics teacher and i will mention taking a past paper test, thanks again.

    Hi, where did you end up applying for? I have got a conditional place at BHASVIC and was just wondering.

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.