Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I know you love to assume truth for partisan reasons, but do you have proof for any of those on the list beyond those already known. Last I checked there is an anonymous accuser for Green because he's being internally investigated, there are known accusers for parts of the list because it's old news, and leadsom has accused Fallon of the vague offence of "lewd remarks" which could vary from one inappropriate comment to prolific remarks. Fabricant wants to know who he was allegedly inappropriate with claiming even the gossips in the press gallery hadn't heard anything until the "leak".

I know it's now popular to assume guilt when somebody claims to have been a victim, apparently it now extends to presume guilt even before there is an accuser if there is a rumour something may or may not have happened.
    I am being objective. It just so happens the truth harms the Tories so I'm sticking it through a mega phone. I'm only interested in the Labour sleaze scandal insofar of cleaning up the party, I'm not going to weaponise it to attack my own party am I? Plenty of people like you to do that for me anyway. It's called division of labour. Some objective truth good for the Tories (kind of): David Cameron tried to implement a mechanism for abuse victims to turn to but the 1922 committee stopped it. So good try Dave.

Some more objective truth imo is that these sexual abuses are gonna harm the labour party a lot as it is a party based on grass roots organizing and has a big structural feminist component that want to sort it out. Mechanisms will be set up and complaints made. Which is good for fighting abuse but it means more will come to light. Where as in the conservatives the 1922 committee can just veto everything like the arses they are.

It isn't a secret whips (especially Tory whips) know about things such as sexual abuse allegations but use them as leverage as apposed to actually you know, stopping sexual abuse. Here is a whip admitting to issues involving "small boys" being used in this way.

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And now Clive Lewis is under investigation for groping allegations. Wouldn't be surprised if the "leak" was approved by number 10 given how really it's Labour being hit hard, for the number of MPs on the list, even after cutting out the accusations that were already public and admitted to and the things that aren't even dirt with the exception of Green (who I'm still waiting to "resign" none of the accusations are too severe, all the while there are at least two Labour rapes, one out there one not yet publicly with an accuser, we have groping with an accuser, harassment (actually legitimate harassment not "they flirted with me once" harassment), and what was the Welsh one sacked and had the whip suspended for?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Some more objective truth imo is that these sexual abuses are gonna harm the labour party a lot as it is a party based on grass roots organizing and has a big structural feminist component that want to sort it out. Mechanisms will be set up and complaints made. Which is good for fighting abuse but it means more will come to light. Where as in the conservatives the 1922 committee can just veto everything like the arses they are.
    Ironic given part of Bex Bailey's story is about how resistant the party has been to any sort of reform that helps victims, understandable though given they want to stop the stories getting out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    There are rumours that this Sunday (5th Nov ironically) there will be a lot of serious high profile allegations being published in the papers, will it continue the trend so far of hitting Labour hard of will it be the Tory's turn to get the serious claims?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Charlie Elphickle (Tory, Dover) suspended with referral to the police

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    According to that weighty source of political insider gossip, the Sun (and Guido Fawkes), " ...an unnamed Tory MP sexually assaulted a Labour MP in a taxi. It’s alleged a date rape drug was used…"

:eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You have somebody accused of rape. Let's not get too giddy.
    "I was raped by someone senior to me in the Conservative Party and the Parliamentary authorities ignored it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41857807

Hmm...

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    According to that weighty source of political insider gossip, the Sun (and Guido Fawkes), " ...an unnamed Tory MP sexually assaulted a Labour MP in a taxi. It’s alleged a date rape drug was used…"

:eek::eek2::eek3::eek4:

ReputationRep:

And what position of power or influence did the Tory MP have over the
    Labour one?

You would have thought the Tory would have asked the taxi driver "take me to Stoke, Desborough and Burnham and don't spare the horses, my man. I am applying for an important position in the Chiltern Hundreds".
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    And what position of power or influence did the Tory MP have over the
    Labour one?
    I'm assuming the Tory was the male. Isn't that enough?

(Original post by nulli tertius)
    You would have thought the Tory would have asked the taxi driver "take me to Stoke, Desborough and Burnham and don't spare the horses, my man. I am applying for an important position in the Chiltern Hundreds".
    It will be astonishing if there aren't by-elections arising from this saga and as they currently would seem to be mainly Tory seats involved, a chill wind that dissolves minorities and dessicates wafer thin dodgy support from the dismal DUP appears to be gathering pace as it blows over the last dregs of the current Tory government.

ReputationRep:
    An MP Chris ‘Pincher’ has been suspended. I hope they find his accomplices Steve Fondler and John Grabber.

ReputationRep:
    We better get some by elections coming up from all this. I wonder if Clegg might try and take back Hallam ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    We better get some by elections coming up from all this. I wonder if Clegg might try and take back Hallam ?
    I hope so
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    An MP Chris ‘Pincher’ has been suspended. I hope they find his accomplices Steve Fondler and John Grabber.
    Sir Patrick Groper (Pesting West) will shortly be for the chop, along with the Rt. Hon. Michael Bottom-Pincher, head of the Public Scrutiny Committee.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I doubt he is that big a glutton for punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I doubt he is that big a glutton for punishment.
    You’re probably right- he won’t be able to squeeze the Tory vote as he learnt last time.
    It seems that the lob dems are slowly dying off- a shame as I quite like Vince cable. I do wish the likes of Soubry and Kendall left their respective parties and joined the libs.

ReputationRep:
    You’re probably right- he won’t be able to squeeze the Tory vote as he learnt last time.
    It seems that the lob dems are slowly dying off- a shame as I quite like Vince cable. I do wish the likes of Soubry and Kendall left their respective parties and joined the libs.
    Oi. Kendall is ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Oi. Kendall is ours.
    #4.5% 😂😂😂

Byw I’m not a centrist, I just think there should be a centrist party as that’s probably where most MPs actually belong and then we might get some actual choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming the Tory was the male. Isn't that enough?
    No. This has been about power, and a politician groping an opposition MP has no power, Corbyn might protect a Labour rapist but he wouldn't protect a Tory groper.

ReputationRep:
    #4.5% 😂😂😂

Byw I’m not a centrist, I just think there should be a centrist party as that’s probably where most MPs actually belong and then we might get some actual choice.
    Better start campaigning for PR then.

Seriously though. As a leftist who wouldn't have voted for her to be Labour leader, I like Liz Kendall.

Just because you don't want them to be leader doesn't mean they wouldn't be a good MP. Kendall is practical and I think she would work with a Corbyn Labour party. I like Emily Thornberry as an orator but she doesn't have the kind of structural analysis that John McDonnell has.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.