Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the partners programme at Newcastle Uni for Medicine, and was wondering if anyone can help me with if I'd be eligible?

So the post code of my parents house (where I am from, and have lived almost all of my life) is classed as an eligible post code for low entry into higher education, however I have since moved out and am living alone at a post code which does not qualify. Would it be in my best interests to move back before applying?

Also, if for example I study my a levels outside of this post code, and therefore don't qualify, if I plan to move back to that area prior to applying for the degree with known a-level results, will that count for the post code being eligible for entry?

If not I think I may have to carefully consider my options, since I would've originally qualified based on a few factors before moving away from home.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Or... would I automatically qualify due to neither of my parents having a degree, or would this not count for me since I no longer live with either of them anyway?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGowan98)
    Or... would I automatically qualify due to neither of my parents having a degree, or would this not count for me since I no longer live with either of them anyway?
    Hey,

You only have to meet ONE of the criteria to be eligible, so if you tick one of the boxes you can ignore that complicated post code situation

The parental thing is if neither of them have a degree AND the main wage earner in your household doesn't have a 'professional occupation.' If you e-mail [email protected] with info about your parents' jobs then they can tell you if you'd be eligible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.